what do i need?

/ what do i need? #11  
I've got just under 6 acres, with about half grass and half field. The grass half has the house and trees and other obstructions, the field is unobstructed but somewhat hilly. I started out with a lawn tractor, then went to a real tractor (B7200D) with a finish mower and a bush hog. Never had a mid-mount on the kub. Just recently I sold the RFM and bought a used frontmount ZTR. What a difference! The frontmount rides smoother than my neighbor's midmount ZTR (some john deer monster) and handles hills better. It mows the same speed as the RFM but takes a huge amount less time to turn at the ends of the rows. It's designed to mow, rather than being a mowing add-on to a utility vehicle. The difference is huge. The tractor now gets used for tractor purposes; tilling, bushhogging, etc. and gets much less time; it used to take 6-8 hours to mow the yard with the RFM. With the FM ZTR it takes 3-4. Every time I mow, that's that much less hours on the tractor. In short, I'd recommend keeping the tractor you have and getting a bushhog for the pasture area, and putting money into a quality (used) ZTR. Once you separate the functions, you don't have to make anywhere near as many compromises on the tractor: Turf tires, light weight, etc.