just used my new rough cut mower

/ just used my new rough cut mower #1  

mlinnane

Bronze Member
Tractor
mf 165
55-inch Commercial Grade Rough Cut Mower Polaris
IF you are looking for a pull behind finishing mower and brush hog you may wish to look at this. IT is expensive but, my neigbor has used his for 3 years and also helps me cut my place in certain spots with it. Canary Grass in ditches is very tough and I have gotten the big tractor stuck also I have some tight spots I can not get my tractor in but it is too much for the lawn tractor and swisher. But my neighbor has cut them for me for the past few years with his polaris brush hog. So after watching his for 3 years and drooling over it, I broke down and bought one of mine own, this year.
I live in an area that is all clay and many of the fields are low land. So when it rains they are hard to get on. Often water lays there and it can not be mowed. The polaris brush hog can pulled with an ATV or gator. But anybody looking for a pull behind should look at this, BUT it is $$$! But after seeing what it can do, I would say it is worth the money.

http://www.allsportinc.com/eshoppro...duct_188386.55_Commercial_Grade_Rough_Cut.htm

/ just used my new rough cut mower
BTW I also have a swisher and there is no comparing the two at all. of course the swisher is only 1/2 the price of this but, can not do 1/2 the cutting this thing can do!

/ just used my new rough cut mower #3  
Dang.. for the price of that mower you are only 1000$ shy of a chinese tractor and mower... If you have to ad inthe price of a mower or atv to pull that mower.. you are even up or worse. I think I'd rather have the new chinese tractor given the choice..

Soundguy

/ just used my new rough cut mower #4  
Soundguy said:
Dang.. for the price of that mower you are only 1000$ shy of a chinese tractor and mower... If you have to ad inthe price of a mower or atv to pull that mower.. you are even up or worse. I think I'd rather have the new chinese tractor given the choice..

Soundguy

Chris,

That price is way out of line. I hope the original poster didn't pay that much for it. I thought I saw one of the big boxes around here list them for around $1,200.00. But at the price at the link above a guy could buy a nice Bush Hog, along with a nice finish mower 3pt and have enough money left over to buy maybe something else.

murph

/ just used my new rough cut mower #5  
I agree that it is really expensive... but... there is no way you could get THAT mower for $1200. The 20hp Kohler on it probably costs that much by itself.

/ just used my new rough cut mower #6  
Do a Google search. Nobody gives those mowers away.

/ just used my new rough cut mower #7  
Mills Fleet Farm here in Rochester has a rough cut for $1,200 and a finish cut for $1,200. You can take your pick, same price. I don't know if they have to 20hp mower on them or not but one of them was a 60".

murph

/ just used my new rough cut mower #8  
Acre Ease must make these mowers for Polaris -

/ just used my new rough cut mower
Yes I agree these mowers are expensive. But I did not pay list and never will. By the way the new list price is 3,999 something on these mowers
if you look in nothern tools they are $3,999. for 18 hp. The one I bought was 20 hp koler engine. I have a tractor, and a 7 foot brush and a 10 foot brush bog. BUT,, I have 106 acres and keep about 70acres cut. My soil is nothing but clay and often the fields are too wet to get on with a big tractor in the low spots, you cut them to peices. But with the pull behind mower I can keep my ditches mowed. I can off set and mow around my ponds. And I have mowed down some long grass in standing water. I also have ditches that catch water in the middle of the fields that have canary grass. And that is tough to mow. Twice I have gotten my tractor stuck trying to mow the canary grass down and this is around 4 of july. IT really never dries there.
These is a commerical grade mower and I have watched my neighbor with his mower (the same thing) for 3 years with his and he for the past two years has mowed my ditches for me, so I decided to bit the bullet and buy one. I have watched in the local papers and ebay for one and have yet to see one like I bought come up for sale. Also this will double as a finishing mower so I can hook the swisher and this together and pull with my gator for a fairly big cutting area.