Why no listed MSRPs?

/ Why no listed MSRPs? #1  

Carl Bill

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX1500; Kubota L2800HST
Why do the maufacturers NOT list their MSRP on their web sites? All automobile manufacturers list their MSRP, so why not with tractors? It is maddening that you have to call a dealer just to find out what the normal asking price should be. And then get the dealer price that appears to be negotiable. Not always an apples-to-apples comparission between brands.

Just wondered if anyone knew why? Seems like this should be easy to get off the internet.

/ Why no listed MSRPs? #2  
I have been driving to all the areas dealers the past 2 days. I get the "well it is this price but if you finance it is this price" sort of deal. I don't even know what a good deal is anymore.

/ Why no listed MSRPs? #3  
John Deere lists their prices online.

/ Why no listed MSRPs? #4  
MikePA said:
John Deere lists their prices online.

But New Holland doesn't.

/ Why no listed MSRPs? #5  
Power Trac lists their prices for all tractors and attachments. . :D

/ Why no listed MSRPs? #7  
If you use the "Product Counselor" function on NH's website, it will give you a price range for the selected tractor(s).

/ Why no listed MSRPs? #8  
Limecuda said:
I have been driving to all the areas dealers the past 2 days. I get the "well it is this price but if you finance it is this price" sort of deal. I don't even know what a good deal is anymore.

I've only shopped Kubota and Deere, but I've never had a dealer give two different prices, depending on financing!

/ Why no listed MSRPs? #9  
Im with FamilyFarm, that would be a dealer I would stay away from ! When I was looking at purchasing a tractor I went to different dealers to get prices. My local dealer was a $1000. higher than the rest but when I went back to ask if they would match the others they said yes as soon as it came out of my mouth, no let me ask the owner or any of that type of crap. I have found you will usually get the best price on something if you are from out of town because they figure they probably have only one shot at having you in their place of business and if you were willing to go out of town to price something you are serious about buying. The local dealers throw out a higher price hoping that you will buy local and not shop around any, thats how it is in my area anyway. Good luck in buying your tractor, hope you find the deal that makes you happy and a good dealer that will take care of you if you need them.

/ Why no listed MSRPs? #10  
If you finance through New Holland/CNH, $500 is added to the price of the tractor. If you finance with your bank or any other lending institution then it's $500 less on the price of the tractor.