Advice on used CUT for 6-8K?

/ Advice on used CUT for 6-8K? #1  

Staghead

I've been a reader of these forums for quite a while, but new to posting. This site is a excellent resource.

I'm looking for a tractor primarily to do loader work. Only own about 1 and 1/2 acres, but would like to do extensive landscaping. Our lot is mostly wooded at this point. I want to clean up a lot of the buckthorn and other underbrush and build a couple different types of storage sheds. I want to level the ground and put in several walkways and gardens as well.

The tractor would also be used 4-6 times a year at my parents place for loader work with some potential mowing and/or leveling.

So, primarily looking for about 25 HP with a loader. I would be able to spend 6-8K within a year or so or wait 4-5 years and get a new one for 15-17K or so. I just really want a loader at this point, but want the option of adding a MMM and possibly a snowblower. Also want to be able to use a box blade and other small landscaping attachments. If I go the used route I would probably trade it for a newer one at some point, but I would intend to keep a new one for the long haul.

I'm in no hurry, but don't know if I can even find what I am looking for in this price range.

Any general advice is appreciated. Specific brands/model numbers would also be helpful.

/ Advice on used CUT for 6-8K? #2  
With only 1 to 1.5 ac to deal with.. I'd think any SCUT would do you. That is.. a small kubota BX.. or a NH TZ.. or small TC series. Perhaps a tc18 with a loader.

Soundguy

/ Advice on used CUT for 6-8K? #3  
Staghead,

Check with the guys over in Mazzeppa Minnesota. Use to be called B&B but just was bought out by the guys in Wanamingo. I am almost positive they had a TC18 or 21 used over there with a loader and a MMM on it. It might run you a bit more than the 8K but might be worth looking at.

murph

/ Advice on used CUT for 6-8K? #4  
You should be able to find one in that price range. You may have to be a little patient. You may be able to get a new Chinese one for a little more than 8k. If you know you want new soon, that could also make a nice down payment and many of the different brands are offering 0% for 3 years. Recently I saw Mahindra was offering 0% for 4 years on a couple of their models. You could also find a nice gray market in your price range.