decideing on a tractor

/ decideing on a tractor #1  

nick_s

Tractor
john deere 4100 with fel and 54"mmm and jd 400 with fel and brantly backhoe and 60"mmm
I'm trying to decide on a tractor but am haveing problems decideing partically on any one tractor. I was looking at JD 4100, 4110 and the 790 but i wanted gear drive and a continous live mid and rear pto. which only comes on the 790 gear drive but the 4100 and 4110 hst models which I'm trying to stay away from. for the most part i would like to add a curtis cab to the tractor im getting and it would mostly be used for plowing a rather small business parking lot but theres a possibility of mowing a lawn and useing a post hole digger and a snowblower which i know the 790 has all these. But its size does make it some what of a touchy decision the cars in the parking lot cant always be moved right away. there also one other thing thats giveing me the problem of the 20hp hst 4110 and 4100 i also plan on useing it to pull a 6500 modiefied twd pulling truck around at the truck and tractor pulls and im curious as to if the hst on the 4100 and 4110 would hold up to this. so heres my main question to anyone who might happen to read this. I was wondering if anyone that one either of these tractors might be able to give me some in sight into either tractor or even any tractor that might sound like im looking for. I've seen a 790 up close but have not seen a 4100 or 4110 beside pics. but like i said i really have no preference on the type of tractor so if anyone has tractor that they might think is what im looking for and might be able to offer a little insight into it and possibly a user review it would be appreciated thanks in advance.

/ decideing on a tractor
sorry for the bad spelling as i was in a hurry to write this and didnt not propperly spell check. One last think that almost slipped my mind i would also like to use it for grooming of atv trails at our cabin more or less for flattening them meaning use of box blade or scraper blade and loader

/ decideing on a tractor #3  
I have had a 4100 hydro with loader since August 1999.
I will never get rid of it. I use it all the time. 900 hours or something like that.

I pull a 5.5' brillion seeder, 5' gill pulverizer. 5' bush hog, a whirlybird spreader, a 4' tr3 and so many other items on it I cant mention. also a 5' aerator & a 4' gill super turf renovator.

It has been a great tractor. Nothing has gone wrong with it except a broken rear end which Deere covered but was my fault as I have duals made for it.

I have a jd snow blower 50" on the front alond with a blade.

Had a set of rear outlets added to it when I got it.

in my opinion you would rather have a hydro to push snow rather than a gear as you could regulate you speen better without having to clutch as opposed to either clutching to slow down or idling down.

I have prefered the hydro and have not had a problem with it. Have used it pretty hard with the attatchment I have and still is going.

your call though.

/ decideing on a tractor #4  
First, don't be afraid of hydro. It's the best for snow plowing and mowing, and THE way to go if working around parked cars. Second, JD is certainly hard to beat. But, you might want to consider the 2000 and 3000 series machines too. The 790 is a bit outdated. The new 700 series might also be a good fit. Some of the Deere's offer 4 wheel steer, which is awesome for working a plow in tight spaces. Also, good choices are the TYM T273 and the Kioti CK series tractors. The TYM would be especially well suited for your tasks, given its very short wheel base and great manueverability. The TYM may be the best small CUT available today. Of course, NH, MF, and Kubota have offerings that are very good too.

/ decideing on a tractor #5  
I don't often recomend New Hollands TC30, but it seems it would be well suited for your application. As would the 30Hp Kubota B7800. Any smaller and I think you maybe kicking yourself long term.