Thinking of upgrading...

/ Thinking of upgrading... #1  

weesa20

Silver Member
I currently have a GC2300 and am considering upgrading to a case DX24. I know that one is a subCUT and the other is a small chassis CUT...would it really be an upgrade?...I only gain ~1.5 engine HP and about even in PTO HP...I gain ground clearance and maybe a little better loader performance...what else?

I currently use my GC for light landscaping around the yard but some day plan to have ~20 acres that will need lots of work...plan to have a mowing tractor and bigger tractor for heavier work.

BTW, I am considering the DX because it has sat on the lot for a long time and I think I can actually come out ahead by trading in the GC and purchasing the DX.
W

/ Thinking of upgrading... #2  
IMHO.. that's alot of money for no real geain except weight..

Soundguy

/ Thinking of upgrading...
I think the FEL has substantially more capacity...they want to sell me a LX330 FEL...can't find any info though

W

/ Thinking of upgrading... #4  
If your future plan are not too far off, why not keep the GC2300 and buy the bigger tractor now? You can equip it with a good loader and have way more capacity than upgrading to the DX24. Prices are only going to go up as time goes by? IMO, it would be a real good investment now....might cause your plans to happen sooner too?

/ Thinking of upgrading...
Without negotiating they priced the DX24 at $16,000 with LX330 FEL, HST, and a roof, R4 tires. I walked away. I will wait until I get some more land and add a 30+ hp tractor to the stable. My GC does just about everything I want anyway.

W