Silver Member

Default Thinking of upgrading...

I currently have a GC2300 and am considering upgrading to a case DX24. I know that one is a subCUT and the other is a small chassis CUT...would it really be an upgrade?...I only gain ~1.5 engine HP and about even in PTO HP...I gain ground clearance and maybe a little better loader performance...what else?

I currently use my GC for light landscaping around the yard but some day plan to have ~20 acres that will need lots of work...plan to have a mowing tractor and bigger tractor for heavier work.

BTW, I am considering the DX because it has sat on the lot for a long time and I think I can actually come out ahead by trading in the GC and purchasing the DX.
    W
    GC2300, FEL, 48" box blade, 60" Kioti Aerator, First Choice RT48-04,Turfs, Markham Welding Toothbar

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Default Re: Thinking of upgrading...

IMHO.. that's alot of money for no real geain except weight..

Soundguy

Silver Member

I think the FEL has substantially more capacity...they want to sell me a LX330 FEL...can't find any info though

W
    GC2300, FEL, 48" box blade, 60" Kioti Aerator, First Choice RT48-04,Turfs, Markham Welding Toothbar

Foothills of the Giant Sequoia's, California
    Tractor
    55HP 4WD KAMA 554 and 4 x 4 Jinma 284

If your future plan are not too far off, why not keep the GC2300 and buy the bigger tractor now? You can equip it with a good loader and have way more capacity than upgrading to the DX24. Prices are only going to go up as time goes by? IMO, it would be a real good investment now....might cause your plans to happen sooner too?
    Rob-
    ...The Older I get...the Better I Used to be...
    Member of the Month

Silver Member

Without negotiating they priced the DX24 at $16,000 with LX330 FEL, HST, and a roof, R4 tires. I walked away. I will wait until I get some more land and add a 30+ hp tractor to the stable. My GC does just about everything I want anyway.

W