MF 1528 v. NH TC26

/ MF 1528 v. NH TC26 #1  

Mike5252

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2320
I'm looking for a small frame compact tractor. I really like the New Holland TC 26, as I was very impressed with what it can accomplish in a pretty compact package (I have a fairly tight property, so a compact size is important to me).

I looked at the MF 1523, but it really didn't seem to measure up against the TC26 (primarily in hydraulics). What made things very interesting was the pricing I was offered on the 1528 (which is a medium frame 1500). I was quoted $15.5 for a 1528, 60" MMM and FEL. My local NH dealer was quoting me right at $17k for a TC 26 with similar equipment.

Is there a consensus that a MF 1528 at $1500 less than a TC 26 is a good deal? The 1528 just seems like a lot more tractor than the TC 26. Do the price quotes I have received seem reasonable?

Specifics:
-Size - MF is 6" longer and 9" wider (advantage NH, but I can live w/ these measurements)
-PTO HP (both HST transmissions) 22.3 v 19.7 - (advantage MF)
-Transmissions - MF 3 range HST, NH 2 range HST (big? advantage MF)
-Hydraulics- MF total flow 10gpm, NH total flow 8.4gpm (advantage MF)
-3 pt hitch -MF 2425lb at hitch point, NH 1265lb at 24" behind (I can't find cmparable figures at hitch or 24", but regardless I'm sure the MF will have more 3pt hitch list w/ these numbers, advantage MF)
-Loader - MF 960lb max lift at pivot point, versus 1090lb for NH (however the MF will lift 5" higher than the NH, advantage - none?)

Are there other tractors I should be considering at this price point? I priced a JD 2520, but I was getting numbers just under $20k for these. They seem like great tractors, but priced out of the market for me.

/ MF 1528 v. NH TC26 #2  
Mike5252 said:
-PTO HP (both HST transmissions) 22.3 v 19.7 - (advantage MF)
-Transmissions - MF 3 range HST, NH 2 range HST (big? advantage MF)
-Hydraulics- MF total flow 10gpm, NH total flow 8.4gpm (advantage MF)
-3 pt hitch -MF 2425lb at hitch point, NH 1265lb at 24" behind (I can't find cmparable figures at hitch or 24", but regardless I'm sure the MF will have more 3pt hitch list w/ these numbers, advantage MF)
-Loader - MF 960lb max lift at pivot point, versus 1090lb for NH (however the MF will lift 5" higher than the NH, advantage - none?)
With regards to the 3pt hitch, you deduct about 30% from the Massey to correct for the different measurment points, so the Massey will have about 1695# capacity at 24" behind the ball eyes, or about 450# more actual capacity, which is expected from a larger tractor. The loader capacity seems weak on the MF by comparision because the NH really is a small tractor. The MF is very similar in physical size to my Kuboata B2910 (which was recently replaced in the Kubota line by the B3030). You may want to consider that tractor as well, but its the smallest deluxe 30hp machine on the market and might be small enough for your needs. I also love my TC24D (which evolved into the TC26DA you are considering) and is is my favorite tractor. I rarely need more capacity than it has, and I can get it into the tight spaces that I have in between my landscaping, etc.

Your real question needs to be answered by seeing what will perform the tasks you need done. The larger MF may lift higher on the FEL or lift more on the 3pt but will it fit into the spaces you need it to fit into? On the other hand, if you need the lift height to dump into a jacked up pick up truck bed, then the TC simply won't do the job. So figure out what you really need, that will give you the best tractor for your task.

/ MF 1528 v. NH TC26 #3  
"Are there other tractors I should be considering at this price point?"

Mike, I think you should look at the Mahindra 2615. It is in your price range, its specs will surprise you and its performance will blow you away.

Bob

/ MF 1528 v. NH TC26 #4  
Mike5252 said:
Are there other tractors I should be considering at this price point? I priced a JD 2520, but I was getting numbers just under $20k for these. They seem like great tractors, but priced out of the market for me.

That price seems way high. Should be very comparable to the TC 26. At least the quotes I got on it.

/ MF 1528 v. NH TC26 #5  
in addition to Mahindra, I suggest looking at a TYM T273 (very maneuverable), or a 330, or a Kioti CK25/CK30, or Branson. Your specific tasks might steer you to one or two models. So take careful consideration for how you will be using the machine.