TYM Tractors

/ TYM Tractors #1  

RalphVa

Tractor
JD 2025R, previously Gravely 5650 & JD 4010 & JD 1025R
I looked at some of the new tractors at our county fair still going on. One interesting one there being shown by Beverage Tractor was a TYM. It has beautifully labeled and seemingly well-positioned controls. Both JD and Kubota could take lessons on how to set their tractors up from this South Korean upstart. When I upload my pic from my camera (after some more planned in the garden), I'll post a pic I took of it. It has a beautifully sloped hood that allows you to see about to the center line of the FEL. Had a nice digger on the back, too. This particular model was a 27 hp one. Comes also in a 23 hp one. Good competitor to the BX 2320, JD 2320/2520 and NH TZ models as well as Simplicity and a couple other compacts.

The TYM had a Mitsubishi diesel though. Ain't all South Korean; I guess. It has the hydraulic cooler in front of the engine radiator where it ought to go. The front hood opened up the engine area completely, no side panels to remove like on JD and Kubota to get to the lower parts.

/ TYM Tractors #2  
I also feel that the TYM 273 is well designed. Now, I am a bit biased as I have sold several of them. They perform well and are very, very comfortable and user friendly. TYM is doing a good job with these machines.

Maka

/ TYM Tractors #3  
I too love the TYM K2's. BTW, TYM as a company is no upstart. They've been making heavy equipment for years. Though I don't think it (they) compares to the BX series. It has way too much capability. The 7510 is a much better comparison, and the Kioti CK20. If the price is right and you have a close-by dealer, the TYM is the way to go among this group.

/ TYM Tractors #4  
Maka - can you help clarify something? Are rear remotes standard or not on the 233 and 273? The closest local dealer here doesn't seem to have very knowledgeable sales people. From what I can see on the tractor itself, they are not (at least the ones on his lot) - even though he sat there and said there were. And on the unit I saw setup with a backhoe, it had connections, but I could not find any lever for a valve (appeared to be simply "power beyond" to me). Any chance you could point out what really is part of the standard and the backhoe "package"? Also, if a rear remote is included, or added, where would the remote lever be located?

Thanks,

/ TYM Tractors #5  
They could be standard but dealer installed for any of a variety of reasons. In a world market, there may be different hydraulic connections in various countries for example.

/ TYM Tractors
Here's the pic I took of the 273 TYM model at the fair. It looks similar to the NH TZ models, but without the huge frame alongside the engine on the NHs. The hood opens up and exposes the entire engine. No side panels like on JD or Kubota. The ergonomics and view from the driver's seat are superb. I've never seen controls so clearly labeled.

JD and Kubota take notice.

Attachments

• TYM 273 Model.jpg
    TYM 273 Model.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 666
   / TYM Tractors #7  
RalphVA,

I cannot say if remotes are standard. Though, when I tested one at the distribution center in Harrisburg, VA, it had them.

The hydraulic control lever was like under or behind the seat. I remember this because I had to search for it so I could try the backhoe. (The dealer I was with had no experience with them at the time)

Also, it appeared that the distribution center was putting remotes in all the machines they had in stock, which to me implies they are standard equipment.

If the one you saw at the dealer didn't have it, it might be because the parts were not available before he took delivery. The mechanic at the distribution center said they were still waiting on some rear remote parts to come in for some of their stock tractors.

But, if the dealer says they are standard, and they're not installed, then he will have to install them. Won't he?

/ TYM Tractors #8  
Coastereze is right. I as a dealer would have to order them and either the distribution center would install them or myself as dealer and I have done both. The lever for the remotes actually moves left and right and is located right above the flow control knob decal (fast/slow decal). If you are sitting in the seat just reach down and move it left or right as it extends from the block under the seat.

Thanks,
Maka

/ TYM Tractors #9  
Yeah - hard telling. I don't exactly trust the dealer up here. The salesmen seem to me more talk than anything. They actually claimed the engines were "stamped in the same factory that makes the Kubota engines" and the bodies were "built in the same factory that makes John Deere." So when I'm looking at a tractor/loader with no rear remotes installed, and another one setup as a TLB that does not appear to have a remote valve, but instead only power beyond, I take anything the salesman is trying to tell me with more than one grain of salt.

All I can say is it is probably a good thing I'm not going to be buying anything for at least 6 to 9 months - I've got plenty of time to find a dealer somewhere close that actually knows what the **** they are talking about.

/ TYM Tractors #10  
LC Brewing said:
the bodies were "built in the same factory that makes John Deere." .

I think TYM makes at least one JD model. Whether it's made for our market I don't know.