Is a Kioti CK30 $1,640 better than a NH TC30?

/ Is a Kioti CK30 $1,640 better than a NH TC30? #11  
TheCommissioner said:
Fair question.

I will call on my tractor to do the following:

1. Brush mowing of irregularly shaped areas, none large, and trails all of which are on slopes. I have no flat ground.
2. Future road construction and maintenance, primarily moving, placing, and grading crushed limestone.
3. Assist with firewood collection namely carrying wood through the forest to the road where the pickup truck is parked.
4. Other assorted tasks involving moving or lifting of materials.

Using tractor will be more of a 'hobby' or 'leisure' activity rather than anything commercial or daily use.

Well heck, why didn't you say so?! All you need is to rent my son! :D He'd be a lot cheaper, but he eats like a pregnant heifer. :eek: He can do all of that stuff and it won't make me even break a sweat. :)

/ Is a Kioti CK30 $1,640 better than a NH TC30? #12  
Do yourself a favor...drive 'em both. I looked at the TC, but the cockpit was too small (6'4",220). The Branson had the most room for me, but at the time only the selling dealer could do warranty work. I have been very pleased with the CK30, and my dealer is 12 miles away. If you are comfortable on the TC, go for it, as it is a fine tractor. I was glad to have the extra room and the other extra's listed above...for me they were well worth the $.
RD

/ Is a Kioti CK30 $1,640 better than a NH TC30? #13  
I own a tc30 and absolutely love it. It sounds like the kioti has the features that would make it nice to operate. I have a preference for the NH after having one. Tractors seem to be something that most people are happy with when they buy one no matter what brand. I would suggest that you maybe price the TC 34 or a new left-over TC33 due to having some of the fancy options for possibly around the same price as the Kioti. That will give you a few more PTO horsepower, possibly more weight, better hood than the TC30, slopeing loader arms ( I think ), maybe even more 3 point lift capacity as well, which is always good. Other than having more horsepower, the TC33-34 sound like a better comparison to the ck30. One other thing though. Does anyone know the resale value of both tractors. You may want to sell it one day for bigger tractor. Good luck with your decision.
Daryle.

/ Is a Kioti CK30 $1,640 better than a NH TC30? #14  
TheCommissioner said:
Fair question.

I will call on my tractor to do the following:

1. Brush mowing of irregularly shaped areas, none large, and trails all of which are on slopes. I have no flat ground.
2. Future road construction and maintenance, primarily moving, placing, and grading crushed limestone.
3. Assist with firewood collection namely carrying wood through the forest to the road where the pickup truck is parked.
4. Other assorted tasks involving moving or lifting of materials.

Using tractor will be more of a 'hobby' or 'leisure' activity rather than anything commercial or daily use.

Before I purchased my TC 30 2 years ago I looked very closely at the Kioti line. Tractor for tractor the CK 30 offers more (gamble77 is correct on that point), however, for the tasks you have listed (which pretty well describe how I use mine) the TC 30 will give you great service and will leave you a few thousand dollars richer -- so you can start to buy attachments.

Once you buy one of these toys you will find that you can find a good reason to buy and use every just about any attachment that will fit on it -- beginning with a toothbar.