M7040 vs JD 5325

/ M7040 vs JD 5325 #1  

jswan

Hello again, I am still in the midst of deciding which tractor to buy. This has been a long ordeal with so much information to try to absorb. Thank you all for your previous help. Since my last post the JD dealer has been in contact and would like to sell a 5325 with loader and cab for 39K. What I asked him to price was a 5245 with cab and loader and the price is 43,500. The Kubota dealer called today and they just got a M7040 with cab and loader. This is 36K. I looked at the M 7040 this afternoon. The JD dealer had a 5525 with cab for me to look at. He said the cab is the same as the 5325. I am so confused.
Just an update on my situation, I have 80 acres timber and crp with low water crossing. Hilly pasture around house (3 acres) and about 2 acres of lawn. Thanks for any advice.

John

/ M7040 vs JD 5325 #2  
Well, they are all super nice tractors. I'd say go drive them all and you will like one best and that is the one you should buy. Both JD and Kubota make outstanding tractors, you really can't go wrong. But tractors fit everyone differently and the one that is most comfortable to you is what you should get. I have a grey market Yanmar and find them to be very "woman friendly" because they have small platforms and are made for small people. Large or tall men (and some women) find themselves cramped. And everyone likes different cars or trucks for many different reasons. Go drive them and buy the one that feels best, whether that is comfort in the seat or the one you find nicest to handle.

/ M7040 vs JD 5325 #3  
In my area that is a great price on a M7040. I was quoted same price for a M5040:eek: I would not even think twice about it, but then again it is your money and your tractor. No doubt I would take the Kubota.

I just reread your post again and seen that price also included a cab?? My price was no cab.

I guess it all boils down to which one you like. Good luck!

/ M7040 vs JD 5325
Thanks for the advice. I have been on the phone today with other JD dealers getting quotes. All pretty close.

The prices do include cab and loader, radio, two rear remotes hydraulic shuttle/power reverser and R4 on the deere, R1 with axle extensions on the kubota.

I sat in the 5255. They don't have a 5325 or 5425. The M7040 is awful nice too. Still can't decide.

John

/ M7040 vs JD 5325 #5  
I went through the same decision process a month or so ago. I was comparing the JD 5325 and Kubota M7040 - both with a cab, loader, and Hydraulic shift. There were certain things I liked better about the Deere, and other things I liked better about the Kubota. The JD dealer came down to a little over $39k and the Kubota was under $35k.

I finally decided that the tractors are so close in capability, features, and quality that there was no way the JD 5325 was worth almost $5k more (actually the M7040 compares well to the JD 5425). I can buy a lot of things with that money. Of course, this is my opinion. Others may feel differently for various reasons. I bought the M7040.

There were a couple of other factors for me as well. I already own two other Kubotas (BX2200 and RTV), so having interchangeable lubricants, a single source for parts & service, etc. is simpler. I also have a good relationship with the Kubota dealer, although the Deere dealer seems to be very good as well.

One observation I had was the complexity of configuring the JD. EVERYTHING is an option! The JD dealer used these exact words himself. It makes me think of buying a Honda or Toyota automobile versus a US auto. Not that choices are bad things at all, but it definitely took a lot more time going through all the JD options.

Anyway, just my 2-cents. I really liked them both. I don't see how you could go wrong either way.

Good luck, and keep us updated!

/ M7040 vs JD 5325
Thanks again. Today the JD dealer came down about 3K on the 5425 to 40,650, I got a quote from a second dealer today for 47K even for the same tractor. The kubota dealer is pretty firm on price at 36,800. Makes the decision harder now since this is a more apples to apples comparison as far as tractor size. Still having trouble deciding but the JD price is good only for 1 week.

/ M7040 vs JD 5325 #7  
The one week thing from the JD dealer sounds to me like he's trying to push you into the sale. I think that kind of salesmanship would personally push me to buy the Kubota.

/ M7040 vs JD 5325 #8  
jswan said:
Thanks again. Today the JD dealer came down about 3K on the 5425 to 40,650, I got a quote from a second dealer today for 47K even for the same tractor. The kubota dealer is pretty firm on price at 36,800. Makes the decision harder now since this is a more apples to apples comparison as far as tractor size. Still having trouble deciding but the JD price is good only for 1 week.
Time of year is on your side. Get the 0% and 4wd if you go new. I have a 2005 jd5520 4wd w/541 loader and open platform and like it alot. Also have a jd5200 4wd. Have had good service from L series kubotas over the years.

/ M7040 vs JD 5325 #9  
roxynoodle said:
The one week thing from the JD dealer sounds to me like he's trying to push you into the sale. I think that kind of salesmanship would personally push me to buy the Kubota.

I don't see it that way. Since he doesn't have one in stock, he'd have to find one somewhere. Prices can and do change.

I would go and check both brands out again. Then ask myself if there's $3,800 worth of difference.

Now if way down deep, you're really wanting the JD, that's what you should get. If you don't, you'll always wish you had. Or vice versa ;)

/ M7040 vs JD 5325 #10  
Two days ago I had some time to go run some of the M's out in a field. They are darn nice tractors! My only recomendation is to be sure you load the rear tires and have a balast box on hand. The front loaders are strong, real strong. You'd never get the full performance out of them without some extra rear end balast. We had time to pull discs, rippers, and a kuhn field tiller. The tractors hardly struggled under some surprising loads.