Brand Loyalty

/ Brand Loyalty #31  
My brand loyalty lies with green, the green in my pocket, that is. I'm one who seeks the best value for my dollar. I have a John Deere tractor, because it was a good deal. As for automobiles, I have a Chevy and a Ford, each because they were good deals.

/ Brand Loyalty #32  
You know there's nothing wrong with "brand loyalty". I say it's more like "brand favoritism" instead. Everyone has their favorite but they're not necessarily loyal to it because of circumstances. The circumstances are what the VistanTN the original poster included as definitions for making it the right tractor for you.

If I had my drothers, and had loyalty only to those, I'd own nothing but Weatherbys, Rolexes, Ferrarris and Caterpillars...but shees...not too many can OR DO that. Seems like whatever you end up with is what you got to work with and you become "particular" to it. If you think about it, it's much like your life, your wife and kids, your home, your cars, etc etc.. and the list goes on and on. I think it would be crazy to start comparing or sneering at those things and get you into nothing but trouble.

/ Brand Loyalty #33  
slaveToHorses said:
The bright red of the Case was a little hard to take though, not sure I could take a full day of that, out in the field though!

Huuhh ??? :) I cant picture a day out in the fields with anything other than a RED tractor :)

/ Brand Loyalty #35  
Farmwithjunk said:
Agreed! Those bright red Masseys sure are do look good!

Mornin Farm,
Well the Massey is the work tractor and unfortunately its a dull red, but the Farmalls are bright and still shine :)

/ Brand Loyalty #36  
scott_vt said:
Mornin Farm,
Well the Massey is the work tractor and unfortunately its a dull red, but the Farmalls are bright and still shine :)

Actually, I'd forgot all about your Massey. That remark was a sharp stick in the eye (for a Farm-A-Little fan);)

/ Brand Loyalty #37  
its intresting to see how many mention what dealers are close....

in the same town 30 min from me...
there is a NH dealer on the south end
Kubota up the street (that also has case IH on the sign:confused: )
JD across the street from Kubota (like littlerly look across and see green)
and at the north end is Massey Fergison with Koiti.

thats 30 min to the east... 30 min to the west is a nother huge "equipment" dealer that carries NH-CaseIH on the floor but has parts for green and orange tractors also (as well as just about every flavor of used something on the lot)

/ Brand Loyalty #38  
Not sure about lately,but a few years ago I used to run up against the colorblind on here quite often. Most could not stomach that their sainted brand had problems of any sort on this planet. These types are what makes the problems. The ones that can stand back and constructively look at the brand,are the ones that make this place as great as it is!! If we don't share our knowledge,what good does it do us?

/ Brand Loyalty #39  
I agree wholeheartedly with Woodbeef. Although I buy and like JD's, I realize that there are other good brands. some of them I know some about and others I do not. There are those that have had equally positive experience with other brands and that is what we like: diversity. I generally try not to "compare" brands but to list the benefits and liabilities of a given machine for the task at hand. To me, more people new to this make the mistake of buying the wrong tractor size or type than do the brand.

John M

/ Brand Loyalty #40  
A green Montana version of what? A Case/New Holland?????????

schmism said:
I dont see how you can be "brand loyal" these days.

I remember being a kid and at my uncles house up in the Quad Cities IL (were Deere is made, well at least some of it still) and remember the conversations about who is driveing what color tractor.

but in todays world of banrupcies and mergers what is my tractor i drive?

it says new holland on the front and is blue, but theres a CaseIH one that is exactly the same but red. Then theres a green Montana version of it also!

so tell me what is it? Case? IH? Ford? NewHolland?

On top of that Kubota and Deere share the same Yanmar desiel engine no?

so for me it came down to which tractor had the features i wanted and I felt would beinfit me the most. NO brand loality hear :D