Brand Loyalty

/ Brand Loyalty #41  
I think for most people the brand loyality comes from what other people mostly have in the area and plus from memories of years gone by. I have allot of good memoris going back to Massey Ferguson,Ford,John Deere, Case, Allis Chalmers, and International as I was a young kid. I think this is some of the reason allot of the foreign tractors get a bad wrap except for maybe kubota cause most of these other brands where never around when we was young in the USA. I think Fiat has done a great job in carrying on the International name even though I feel the original Magnum was far more a Case design than a IH design. I don't think Fiat though has not done as much good for the New Holland tractor line and I am sure part of it is because Ford Motor Company did not want them to keep the Ford tractor name. My New Holland TN70 is nothing like the old 4000,6000,5000, or 7000 tractors I have been around years ago. Most of your brands American and Foreign make good machines today. What I think seperates them all is resale,parts availabilty,service and dealer availability in your area. All tractors brands have made some good products and some products that should have never been made. I know some of this stuff though is really not important for a person that plans on keeping a tractor forever and just wants to do a little bush hogging and a little garden tilling. If you are a full-time farmer or a person that operates your tractor everyday than this things may be much more important to you. I know some of you on here are familiar with AGCO Corporation which owns Massey Ferguson,Valtra,fendt,Challenger,Gleaner,White and many others. A few years back they dropped the orange tractors (Agco) which was a big reminder to those who grew up with Allis Chalmers even though that tractor is more Massey and White design than Allis. It upset allot of Allis lovers. Some of the Allis lovers will switch to Massey Ferguson or Challenger but others will likely switch to New Holland,Case Ih, or Deere. Like it or not allot of people are loyal to the brand and color they grew up on. I think in a way if the manufacture keeps the color and some type of reference to the original name people feel the company is more stable. I know allot of the Allis guys lost allot of faith in Agco even though AGCO did what it thought would make them more profitable.

/ Brand Loyalty #42  
How did a thread from 06 get reactivated?