BUYING NEW TLB

/ BUYING NEW TLB #1  

RGOEDDE

I'VE BEEN LOOKING AT DEERE 110 TLB VS. KUBOTA L39. NEED A VERSATILE MACHINE. READ A LOT OF THREADS WHERE ONE PERSON TALKS ABOUT HIS TRACTOR AND SAYS ITS THE BEST. BUT THEY DON'T HAVE THE ONES I'M LOOKING AT. NEED A MACHINE THAT CAN DIG OUT SMALL CRAWL SPACES FOR SUN ROOMS AND ROOM ADDITIONS. THEN DIG FOOTERS. CAN'T USE A BIG MACHINE. OWN A DEERE 4600 WITH LOADER AND HOE. BEEN A FANTASTIC TRACTOR. NOT HEAVY ENOUGH FOR DAILY CONSTRUCTION USE. DEERE AND KUBOTA HAVE A NICE MACHINE. JUST WISH BOTA WOULD HAVE WENT WITH HYDRO TRANSMISSION. ANY BODY OUT THERE OWN ONE OF THESE TRACTORS THAT CAN TELL ME THE PLUS AND MINUSES?

/ BUYING NEW TLB #2  
I really like the hydrostatic transmission on my 110.

I have read on TBN that the Deere FEL is stronger (can lift more) than the Kubota, but I have no basis for comparison.

If you get the 110, a skid plate is a must. Take a look under the machine and you will see why.

/ BUYING NEW TLB #3  
I have an L39 and so far it has been a very good investment(3.5 months and 150 hrs). The backhoe is great, very good at getting difficult places. I had a HST prior to the 39 and had concerns about the change to the GST. The switch is very easy. The only times I noticed the difference was making small movements like hooking up an implement or if you try to shift gears on a very steep hill. You will learn to use the cluch ( about the only time you use it) for finess movements and the trottle to adjust engine speed for gear changes. I have never been on a 110 to compare features or strength. The L48 has the HST and should be as strong as the 110 if strength is an issue for you but there is a size trade off.

/ BUYING NEW TLB #4  
One other factor with the 110 TLB is that it takes standard Skid Steer attachments -- no adaptor needed.

One thing to watch for is that if you want the extra hydraulics for a 4-n-1 bucket, or for a thumb on the BH, they must be factory installed at the time of order. There is no adding them after the machine has been delivered. (I got them with mine & am very happy that I did.)

/ BUYING NEW TLB #5  
Have had a L48 for 4 years and it is a horse it will out lift and out dig the JD110 that a friend of mine has and will also load most trucks except maybe a large tandem or tri-axle

/ BUYING NEW TLB #6  
The L39 is more maneuverable than the L-48 and it weighs only 7,000 lbs, so easier to transport too. Our L-39 has 400 hrs on it and it goes like gangbusters, not a lick of any problems to report either. I personally prefer the GST transmission over the HST too.

/ BUYING NEW TLB #7  
I too have the L48, almost 400 hours and nothing to report ever wrong.. Only thing I would like is a little more speed in medium when hog mowing, This isn't to be, so I go on with it... I read some months back that the JD110's were having transmission problems. I am sure by now, that this is cleared up.. Several things I saw, and I tried the 110 several times,, the 110 is wide open underneath and very easy to snag a hydro line or other thing, There is a skid plate option and if ordering the 110, get this option.. They don't lift as high, have a little less lifting power and the hoe is one foot shorter,, The Kubota's come standard with 3 point hitch set ups where this also, is another option on the 110's...

/ BUYING NEW TLB #8  
One reason I did not purchase a JD 110 TLB was one look underneath it.......

/ BUYING NEW TLB #9  
CurlyDave said:
One other factor with the 110 TLB is that it takes standard Skid Steer attachments -- no adaptor needed.

One thing to watch for is that if you want the extra hydraulics for a 4-n-1 bucket, or for a thumb on the BH, they must be factory installed at the time of order. There is no adding them after the machine has been delivered. (I got them with mine & am very happy that I did.)
The L39 loader also comes standard with Skid Steer quick attachments. My 4in1 bucket front hydraulics were installed by the dealer when I purchased the tractor, but can be added at any time, either front or rear if you wish. Another feature of the L39 loader that I like a great deal when using pallet forks is the self leveling feature.

/ BUYING NEW TLB #10  
I've also been looking at TLB's and have pretty much settled on the L39 based on reviews, comments here on Tractorbynet, etc. Still need to use one for awhile to see how it feels and works. The L48 looks great but it would seem to be too large a machine for what I would want.

Anyone have a price they have paid for one? I would like to buy new but am not averse to used. A local Kubota dealer has a used 2005 with 370 hours listed for $29,800. My impression from their website is that it has been a rental.

Thanks for info.