Green or Orange: That is the question

/ Green or Orange: That is the question #11  
MessickFarmEqu said:
As was said, your comparing apples to oranges. If you want an equilivant Kubota look at the larger grand L series machines. The M is way more tractor in this case.

That would be Granny Smith apples (green) to oranges, I assume????

Sorry - couldn't resist....

/ Green or Orange: That is the question #12  
You could always get another MF. Red is pretty too. 1547 or 1552 might be worth looking at.

/ Green or Orange: That is the question
I was orginally looking at the Masseys since the one I've got has been working great for many years. I liked what I saw feature-wise; however, more than one person told me that MF has been have a lot of trouble getting the hydraulics to work: the pumps flake out after awhile. A guy down the road just traded his practically new MF in for a Kubota when the power steering started to go.

/ Green or Orange: That is the question
I have looked at them and, from what I can see, they'd do the job. However, aside from not having a dealer nearby who I know, there seems to be lots of them advertised for sale -- practically new. Makes you a bit suspicious. Perhaps it's those "boomers" who get in over their heads and can't make the payments...

/ Green or Orange: That is the question #15  
Hmmm, Green vs Orange... I thought the thread may have smacked of Irish politics.

Yanmar is not a reason to avoid equipment. Small to medium sized Yanmar diesels are used by the thousands in marine service where reliabillity, repairability, and economical operation are definite considerations. Nothing spoils a sea voyage faster than being dead in the water. Even the little Yanmar V-Twin diesel is scattered heavily through the yachting community that could buy whatever they want but select Yanmar.

I would feel as confident with a Yanmar diesel engine as I do with My Kubota which is extremely high confidence that it will start first time every time and put in a good days work on a reasonably small quantiy of fuel.

I don't want to start a tractor-color war but not all of the JD mystique was earned in recent times. You may buy a green legend whose honors are historical in nature, not current events. Of course there are some really good JD units, you have to pick and choose and not be blinded by the hype. Not every thing green is a winner. By the way, Kubota has been in business over 116 years (not all making tractors) in case anyone was concerned they were a Johny Come Lately.

Pat

/ Green or Orange: That is the question #16  
I have seen the same thing with the Masseys in my area. There are several almost new tractors that people have traded on Deeres, Kubotas, and New Hollands. THe 400 series seems to have a lot of problems from all I hear.

/ Green or Orange: That is the question #17  
I'm not sure you're comparing the same class of tractor...When I was looking the JD4320 was the same class as a Kubota 4630 (Grand L)...both classed as compact's. The Kubota M series is a larger series.

/ Green or Orange: That is the question #18  
hsvhobbit said:
I'm not sure you're comparing the same class of tractor...When I was looking the JD4320 was the same class as a Kubota 4630 (Grand L)...both classed as compact's. The Kubota M series is a larger series.

I agree with the above based on what i found when looking at compacts.

Although it gets a big foggy in the M series... as the bottom end of the M series seems to be more like a Class III compact (simular to a NH Boomer TC45)

But ya put me down for another "check out the TN series".

/ Green or Orange: That is the question #19  
My JD 4600 has 1,300+ hours and not the first problem with it's Yanmar engine.