New Assistant

/ New Assistant #1  

ABE56

Hello all , I am new to this forum but have been a avid reader for over a year. Did alot of research and finally purchased a new Kubota L3400 w/ FEL and a woods 80 backhoe. HAve 15 acres that will keep me busy so I appreciate all your input. Did have one question though. When running the backhoe, what is the optimum level of RPM's to get the best work out of the hoeThanks for all your help. As soon as I get pics, I will post them

/ New Assistant #2  
I would start around 2000 rpm's. The hoe will work a little slower and have less power than when running at full pto rpm.

You can always reach back and crank it up if you need the extra power to do some tough work. Then bump it back down.

Once you get used to it, you might want to go 22 - 2400.

Enjoy!

Seat time cures all ailments.

/ New Assistant #3  
My experience with a Kubota B21 TLB is that at a certain RPM the hoe will not be any more powerful than at full RPM. The primary difference was the speed of movement of the hydraulics (higher GPM flow rate) and more sensitive controls, but no more strength. As a novice, I found that a lower RPM allowed my to be more precise and smooth with the hoe, but as my technique improved, I was able to bump up the RPMs and get the work done faster. So I would agree with bearhawk, to start lower and work your way up. The other thing was the engine noise increased with RPMs so I really ran it at lower RPMs most of the time.

W