kioti vs. kubota

/ kioti vs. kubota #21  
Does the money Deere pays to have tractors built by yanmar not go overseas? I doubt they are building tractors for free..... This is a global market now. Kioti is a solid product, take a look at them. Do sales from Kioti not support folks here in the US? I know they put food on my table and clothes on my back.. Do my business tax dollars not go to the state and city's? Can the state or local city I do business in not support me in turn, since I support them? I will guarantee you the money for the sale of deeres does not all stay here in the US, someone has to build them overseas and they want their money too....

/ kioti vs. kubota #22  
BobG_in_VA said:
IslandTractor said:
I think you missed my point. Don't care where they are "assembled", the $money$ goes somewhere else. Toyota advertises that they build their trucks/cars here, but do you think the money stays? Again, most governmental agencies (Federal for sure) have to pay attention where and to whom the money is being sent. God Bless America. BobG in VA
Let's not be so hypocritical here.

Take a look at JD for example. They are taking a substantial portion of their profits that were sent back here to the USA and investing them overseas in new and upgraded manufacturing facilities. I believe that they are spending more of those profits overseas than they are here.

Now lets look at Kubota and some of the other "foreign" manufacturers. They are spending a substantial portion of their profits enlarging and expanding their manufacturing and distribution facilities right here in the USA.

Your logic about where the profits are actually going and where they are being spent is way off base.

/ kioti vs. kubota #23  
MadReferee said:
BobG_in_VA said:
Let's not be so hypocritical here.

Take a look at JD for example. They are taking a substantial portion of their profits that were sent back here to the USA and investing them overseas in new and upgraded manufacturing facilities. I believe that they are spending more of those profits overseas than they are here.

Now lets look at Kubota and some of the other "foreign" manufacturers. They are spending a substantial portion of their profits enlarging and expanding their manufacturing and distribution facilities right here in the USA.

Your logic about where the profits are actually going and where they are being spent is way off base.

No arguement here about the US workers making a living, but.....Key word here is PROFITS. The Board of Directors make the decisions where the Deere Profits will go in order to make more profit for an American Comp. CAT is the same way as both are publically traded on the NYSE (I've been a shareholder of both...). All I wanted to project was the fact that TAXPAYERS MONEY is being spent. I for one want my personnal property, real estate, state, etc tax dollars to stay pretty much in the state/locality in which I live. I bet the orginal poster has by now gone back to his folks and hopefully requested if the items should be bid and not just give the $$ to the nearest tractor dealer. We can do what we please with our own money, but I think we all want to know that our tax $$ are wisely/procedurally correct and properly spent. BobG in VA, who spent over 30 years as a Contracting Officer for the Dept of Defense

/ kioti vs. kubota #24  
Shop for a dealer not a brand.

I know of quite a few Kioti dealers that would support there tractor much better than some of the "big three".

BTI

/ kioti vs. kubota #25  
BobG_in_VA said:
IslandTractor said:
I think you missed my point. Don't care where they are "assembled", the $money$ goes somewhere else. Toyota advertises that they build their trucks/cars here, but do you think the money stays? Again, most governmental agencies (Federal for sure) have to pay attention where and to whom the money is being sent. God Bless America. BobG in VA

This is a point I argue all the time. "do you think the money stays?" If you want a piece of Toyotas profits, then buy there stock, the profits goes to the shareholders not the country of origin. Sure, Toyota corporate or any foreign based company may be paying taxes back to Japan at the corporate level but all those employees they employ here in the states are paying income taxes here. So when a company says they are building something here, I would much rather buy something form them rather they are foriegn based or not, at least they are employing US citizens.

/ kioti vs. kubota #26  
BobG_in_VA said:
No arguement here about the US workers making a living, but.....Key word here is PROFITS. The Board of Directors make the decisions where the Deere Profits will go in order to make more profit for an American Comp. CAT is the same way as both are publically traded on the NYSE (I've been a shareholder of both...).
You are right, for the most part, profits, after stock dividends, go where the BOD decides. In JD's case they are going to a foreign country to improve thier manufacturing capabilities, not to some place here in the USA.

BTW, Kubota (KUB) is traded on the NYSE too. For the last quarter ending 6/30, sales were up 13.2% from the same quarter last year while net income was up 17.7%.

/ kioti vs. kubota #27  
Mad, please realize that John Deere used to be a domestic company in its marketing. It was never particularly strong in exports or even in selling its machines around the world. Over the past couple of decades that has finally changed and John Deere, which is obviously a dominant force here in the US is now awake on the global scene. And while it is behind some other global competitors like Case/New Holland and AGCO, it is growing its marketshares in South America, Europe and Asia. So it must invest in foreign plants.

But it is also bringing production here to the US.

To all those who think that all the CUTs John Deere sells are simply Yanmars, you are wrong. Yanmar and John Deere are parting ways slowly and more and more parts are being made here, assembled here, and the tractors, especially some of the newer models are increasingly American tractors.

Yes, legacy tractors like the 790, 990 are Yanmar contract machines but take a closer look at more and more of the newer models and you will see more and more American parts, assembly, etc.

/ kioti vs. kubota #28  
OK Bob, but the poster was referring to where the profits are going. So in order to make their presence a stronger one in foreign countries JD is sending US company profits to foreign lands.

I am just trying to point out that in a global economy buying from a US based company does not always mean the profits will stay here.

/ kioti vs. kubota #29  
Back to the original post....

I would put together a list of specs that I want the tractor to comply with and have each dealership bid out one of their models. Go with the low bid.

When buying for a school the resale value means nothing. The tractor will be used until such time when it is sold for surplus. Items that are sold as surplus never bring what the normal price on the street is for the area.

/ kioti vs. kubota #30  
BTI said:
Shop for a dealer not a brand.

It really doesn't have much to do with the original question, but I see the above statement here on TBN all the time and I literally laugh out loud each time. That is about the biggest joke I've ever heard. Sure, a reputable dealer is important, but the actual tractor is going to do the work, not the guy I bought my tractor from. Sorry, but I just do not buy the above statement even a little. I know a "good" dealer who imports crate Jinmas. Why doesn't everyone drive them??? Heck, he is a good dealer and the tractor is about as cheap as you'll find.

Sorry to have to sound harsh, but it's about the biggest joke I've ever heard when people here say (I assume with a straight face) that a dealer is more important than the tractor. If that was the case, absolutely NOBODY would EVER buy a used tractor from an individual no matter the price or brand because you are buying from someone who has no shop, no employees, no parts, and no interest in you after the sale; thus, nobody would EVER buy a used tractor from an individual now would they?!