kioti vs. kubota

/ kioti vs. kubota #1  

fishandco

We work at a school and have about 7 acres plus to mow. We also have dumpsters to move around campus. We have looked at the kioti and kubota but are not sure which is better. Since we are a school we probably have a one shot deal to make sure this is a good one. Any recommendations?

/ kioti vs. kubota #2  
I'm going to say Kubota. They have a better support and a wider dealership network which is prime for local and state goverment. Not putting down Kioti but they are just now building a strong network and dealership base here in the USA.

/ kioti vs. kubota #3  
fishandco said:
We work at a school and have about 7 acres plus to mow. We also have dumpsters to move around campus. We have looked at the kioti and kubota but are not sure which is better. Since we are a school we probably have a one shot deal to make sure this is a good one. Any recommendations?

Hmm, you don't say where you are from or what size community. I'll give you my rural America (8000 county population), small school (250 students in 12 grades) answer. We buy from a dealer in our tax base area, regardless of brand. We have multiple dealers (2), red and green. We take bids from those two.

/ kioti vs. kubota #4  
I would go with a Kubota, it has a proven track record and as mentioned a vast dealer network.If you have a good dealer close at hand it would be an easy decision for me .If you decide to sell it later on that should be easy also as they have an excellent resale value and in much demand,at least in my area anyway.

/ kioti vs. kubota #5  
ovrszd said:
We buy from a dealer in our tax base area, regardless of brand. We have multiple dealers (2), red and green. We take bids from those two.

That is about as good of an answer as you can get. Along that line of thinking... if I had both to choose from.... it'd be Kubota. No disrespect intended towards Kioti.... I think they are real nice tractors also.

/ kioti vs. kubota #6  
In my area, Kioti has a proven track record. The higway department has gone from Kubota to Kioti and Challenger. If your local dealerships were comparable in size and with competent trained staff, then make them both put together packages to see who wants your business more. If the prices were comparable , id go with the Kubota, they will have a little better resale based on brand recognition. If the Kioti was considerably cheaper, id go with them, especially if you plan on keepng the tractors for many years. Both brands are of very good quality. Good luck

/ kioti vs. kubota #7  
No disagreement that Kubota has the bigger dealer network and larger line of tractors. However 20 years ago you could have said exactly the same thing favoring JD or Ford/NH over Kubota. I'd say look for the tractor that meets your needs then make sure there is a dealer that you are happy working with. Pound for pound the tractors are pretty equivalent and each brand has fine and reliable machines.

/ kioti vs. kubota #8  
A good Dealer is more important that what brand you buy.

You will need service.

Enjoy the hunt.

/ kioti vs. kubota #9  
Ovrszd has a good point. Many governments have rules about who they can buy from. You may be limited to vendors from your county or state. The vendors may need approval to sell to you by furnishing complinace statements and/or proof of liability insurance. Many small suppliers just can't or won't deal with the paperwork requirements to deal with government. Or the deathly slow payments from many states or municipalities. Believe it or not, but getting paid from the feds is the quickest and easiest as long as any one invoice does not go over $2500.

If you have a choice, stay as close to home as possible. You don't need to explain to the school board why the grass is waist high because you can't get a $22 part from your dealer 130 miles away who was $200 cheaper.

/ kioti vs. kubota #10  
gordon21 said:
Ovrszd has a good point. Many governments have rules about who they can buy from. You may be limited to vendors from your county or state. QUOTE]

Anybody here ever hear of the Buy America Act? I have a Mahindra and a couple of Farmalls, but if I was spending tax dollars I'd make sure they went to a US company. Pls don't be telling me there is not an American Company that sells tractors anymore. CAT is in Peoria, Deere is an American Company. Both Kioti and Kubota are foreign....ESPECIALLY TOMORROW! Everyone pls say a prayer for our lost Heros of 9/11. I do daily....BobG in VA