Bought a tractor today

/ Bought a tractor today #1  

Birdhunter1

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2638
I bought and had delivered a Ford 3910, 1989 model with a loader, 1700 hours and 60-70% tires all around, ROPS, seat belt, both sets of interchangeable balls, and the rears filled.
It needs some TLC on the paint but mechanically it is ready to go. It's pretty obvious the previous owner didn't care for working at night as the rear implement light is not hooked up and there are no lights that shine to the front. Also the flashers do not work but no big deal to hook them up.

I don't have pics ready but I will get them.

The bucket is a bit big for this tractor being it is a 7' bucket on the front but it will do, I'd like to get a set of pallet forks for it and maybe even a grapple arm someday.

/ Bought a tractor today #2  
We will understand if we don't hear from you for a couple days. You will probably be riding the tractor until after dark every night and then playing with it in the garage until midnight.

Try to find time four your TBN friends by Sunday........

Congrats on your purchase.

/ Bought a tractor today
No you're prolly a bit wrong there.
I've been using my dad's MF135 for years, in fact most of my life, this isn't the first tractor I've been around, in fact I wouldn't even say it's in the first 50 I've been around and played with.

BUT.. it is the first one I've owned myself. I actually don't have much time to do too much with it for the next few days, then prolly next week I'll be helping a buddy of mine with his 2000 acre farm to get his crops in.

/ Bought a tractor today #4  
Bird,

So what did that beauty go for? That vintage of Ford was a real sturdy tractor and should have 5-6000 more hours in her.

jb

/ Bought a tractor today
$8750 delivered from 170 miles away.
I wouldn't call an '89 model vintage though.

/ Bought a tractor today #6  
Birdhunter1 said:
$8750 delivered from 170 miles away.
I wouldn't call an '89 model vintage though.

In this forum a 17 year old tractor is certainly vintage!! Isn't that model 2wd?? If so, certainly don't say anything about it's having a loader, that will start a thread that never ends!!! Hahahahahahaha!!!! :)

/ Bought a tractor today #7  
I see alot of places that set 'classic' a 1975' and older.

However.. i believe the context that the word 'vintage' was used in the aforementioned sentence was merely as a year range (question ) reference in that sentence. Similar to asking your wife: 'what vintage is the milk in the fridge?' etc.

Soundguy

/ Bought a tractor today #8  
Soundguy said:
I see alot of places that set 'classic' a 1975' and older.

However.. i believe the context that the word 'vintage' was used in the aforementioned sentence was merely as a year range (question ) reference in that sentence. Similar to asking your wife: 'what vintage is the milk in the fridge?' etc.

Soundguy

Yep, you are probably right!!!

/ Bought a tractor today
If I ask what my wife what the vintage of the milk is she'd take that as a smartbutt remark of mine that she doesn't clean enough!

/ Bought a tractor today #10  
Congrats, birdhunter. I have your tractors little brother, a 1989 2910. I paid 5000.00 for it a year ago, from some buddies that wanted to trade it in on a new green tractor, when I found out they were only gonna get 5 for it I could not let it go. So I bought it and it stays at the same farm it was at, in the barn next to its green cousin. I wish I had a loader on mine.