Price Check Kubota 3830 or 4330 and price?

/ Kubota 3830 or 4330 and price? #1  

slim

Tractor
New Holland TC40DA
I need your vast knowledge picking between two Kubotas or another color and price. I am looking to buy tractor..1st one. I am considering either Grand L3830 Hydro or Grand L4330 Hydro. Either one would be quipped the same.

Industrial tires or bar tires, front end loader, 6’ or 7’ brush hog.

I will be brush hogging 8-10 acres of rolling pasture grass, moving horse manure and this is pretty much it. I live in snow belt of western Pennsylvania where we get 120” of snow annually. I have a plow on my truck but may use the tractor to help open my driveway a little.

New Holland dealer is 11 miles, John Deere is 7 miles and Kubota is 30 miles. I have a 20’ flatbed trailer so I can haul the tractor to get repaired.

What are your thoughts?

/ Kubota 3830 or 4330 and price? #2  
slim,

welcome, if that is all you are doing I think a 3830 would be plenty. But as you get yor tractor and start working you will find more task for it to do.

If you get that much snow are you better off with a snow blower though? how much HP a snow blower needs I do not know.

What are the price differences between the two? That may make the choice easier.

If it is just pasture I would go with a 7' brush hog.

Either way you will be happy.

steve

/ Kubota 3830 or 4330 and price? #3  
I'm considering those same two tractors. I test drove the L3830 and fell in love with it. That Hydro is soooo smooth. The L4330 with loader adds approx $2000, maybe a little less depending on the deal. I guess it mostly boils down to 1 extra cylinder with 4-5 more HP, 200-300 lbs more weight and a 3-4 more inches of wheelbase. Also, it takes you from an LA723 loader to an LA853, which will lift 300-500 lbs more. Don't know if you would need it or not, probably not, but it's your call.

CR

/ Kubota 3830 or 4330 and price? #4  
slim said:
I need your vast knowledge picking between two Kubotas or another color and price. I am looking to buy tractor..1st one. I am considering either Grand L3830 Hydro or Grand L4330 Hydro. Either one would be quipped the same.

Industrial tires or bar tires, front end loader, 6’ or 7’ brush hog.

I will be brush hogging 8-10 acres of rolling pasture grass, moving horse manure and this is pretty much it. I live in snow belt of western Pennsylvania where we get 120” of snow annually. I have a plow on my truck but may use the tractor to help open my driveway a little.

New Holland dealer is 11 miles, John Deere is 7 miles and Kubota is 30 miles. I have a 20’ flatbed trailer so I can haul the tractor to get repaired.

What are your thoughts?

I was in the same situation about 3 years ago after selling my Kubota L48. I ended up with a L3830 HST. The main reason was simply cost and my needs. The L4330 with a LA 853 should definitely be considered if your going to need a higher lifting height for the loader. It will load a dumpster easier then will a LA 723. After that, I think the differences are quite small. A little more HP, a little more loader lift capability but in my opinion, it was just not worth the cost difference for me. The L3830 has as smooth an engine as the L4330, same tire sizes, same transmission etc. I have yet to ever need to bring any of my Kubotas back to the dealer for any repair.

/ Kubota 3830 or 4330 and price? #5  
slim said:
snip

snip

What are your thoughts?

Slim, If you are cutting that much area, you may want to look into a larger batwing mower. Then you will be better off with more HP. I would probably go with Ag tires in your situation for the better traction, especially in the winter.

Show pictures of the baby when it comes home!

jb

/ Kubota 3830 or 4330 and price? #6  
FWIW, here is a recent price on the L4330 in the St. Louis, MO area.
(*** means "included")

Kubota L4330 $25,400 Hydro *** LA853 Loader *** HD Bucket ***
1 rear SCV* *** Fluid *** Toothbar ***

KEG