Massey Ferguson VS kubota

/ Massey Ferguson VS kubota #1  

tensaw12

Bronze Member
Quality vs Price

/ Massey Ferguson VS kubota #2  
That's a loaded question, just like asking which is the best truck, Ford or Chev. Different tractors for different types of work and some tractors fit some owners better than others. I never try to cram MF down anyones throat even though it is my chosen brand, but just wait.

/ Massey Ferguson VS kubota
Jerry, Thanks for your reply. I am just a little nervous about warranty on the hydraulic problem
tensaw12

/ Massey Ferguson VS kubota #4  
tensaw12 said:
Jerry, Thanks for your reply. I am just a little nervous about warranty on the hydraulic problem
tensaw12
I answered your other post, but didn't put it with this one. I would tighten it up with a wrench first. More than likely that will take care of the problem. It is doesn't, the dealer won't have any problem fixing it. It is a very minor problem. BTW, congratulations on the new tractor.

/ Massey Ferguson VS kubota #5  
tensaw12 said:
Quality vs Price

Your right, higher quality usually commands a higher price.

jb

Which is the higher quality?

/ Massey Ferguson VS kubota #7  
tensaw12 said:
Which is the higher quality?
Your leak is one thing, but it looks like you are now trying to start a fight. If as something as small as a hydraulic leak is causing this much grief; I would hate to see a real problem. I don’t think that you mean to, it is just new buyers remorse. It will pass. If you will do a search, you will find that all brands have a problem now and then. There is no brand that doesn't. Your MF is not a third tier tractor. It is a premium brand and the company will stand behind the warranty as such. If a premium brand has a problem that isn't taken care of efficiently, it is normally a problem with the specific dealer and not the company.

Last edited:
   / Massey Ferguson VS kubota #8  
Tensaw, Jerry told you like it is. You are like a new mother with a baby. Evey sound is analyzed for lethal consequence. You bought a name brand tool, right up there with JD and Kubota. This is like MILWAUKEE not Harbor Freight. Unless your dealer is lame or gets put off if you get too carried away you will get all the little nits taken care of and can look forward to many years of operation. When My Kubota was nearly new I picked up a heavy FEL bucket full and popped an O-ring on the loader. OH MY the world was coming to an end, someone had not secured the nut properly or the O-ring was defective or... I went to nearest tractor shop NOT MY BRAND, JUST CLOSE BY. bought an O-ring, put it in and nearly 6 years later there has been no similar incident. Yeah, it is hard to be calm when you may have paid significantly more for your tractor than the family car.... I did. Take a chill pill dude. Run every accessory, manipulate every control, thoroughly exercise everything on the tractor and see if there are little items the dealer needs to take care of. You will both be ahead if you could have all the little items attended to at once. If there is anyone you want to be friendly with it is the mech tech that works on your tractor. The salesman, the manager, or owner are OK to not snub but they don't fix your tractor, now or 5 years from now. They don't make the initial recommendation when there is a judgement call whether something is warranty or your cost. They don't just fix it free because it is easier than going through the hassle to do the paper work. They don't rummage for 5 min in their parts bin to find the bolt you need but would cost $5 to order and take 5 weeks to get. The tractor mech tech is THAT GUY. When I call my tractor guy and he hears my voice you can hear him brighten up because he knows he is going to be treated nicely and not have someone ragging on him, even when I call to explain something he didn't do right and he says you can bring it in or look at the so and so and give it a turn to adjust it a bit but bring it in if you aren't satisfied. Of course when my fruit trees are producing and I happen to be in the area, a sack of fruit goes to him to share or not with the rest of the establishment. If he talks, I try to listen like it was $100/word. So here we are nearly 6 years later with a good friendly but professiional relationship. He tells me how it is, related problems, how the dealership handled it. He has suggested I go down the street to an independent shop if I needed a starter and get mine rebuilt way cheaper than a new one. I opened it up, found the problem and fixed it in 5 sec but he tried to help me the best he could. If from the begining I made him think I was unreasoable or demanding the relationship could have turned out way different. A little patience now accompanied by a sincere smile and handshake for the mech couldn't hurt. Give the dealer and the staff a chance to do the right thing, it will be in your best long term interest. Friendly and fair come first followed by firm only if needed. Pat

Patrick G,
Thanks for the advice. I will certainly use it. And thank you, for not talking down to me like I am an idiot.
I was not trying to pick a fight as Jerry insinuated, only, to find, if some one had any consumer reports that I could review.
Thanks again
By the way, this, leak is not causing me grief. What causes me grief is these self appointed experts that reach conclusions with out any evidence of fact
Thanks Again