Default Auction choice -- which one to go to?

There are two auctions happening this Saturday. Time and distance means I can only go to one of them. One has a kubota G4200 diesel mower, some tools and a few guns, while the other has lots of quality sockets and other tools plus several guns and reloading stuff.

I'm not familiar with the G4200. If not for the possibility of that being a pretty good mower/tractor I'd go to the other one for sure. So here's the question -- How old, how big, how reliable is a G4200? It's a hydro, and that's all I know about it. Oh yeah, it's probably orange.
    Rich
    300 hours on the DX29, 850 on the JD 240 and too many to count on the Cadet
    Funk, Ohio

Tractor
    1975 John Deere 1530

Default Re: Auction choice -- which one to go to?

12 HP 2 cyl. water cooled diesel. I've seen listings from model years 1986 through 1993. Not sure of full range of production years.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 585

If you go to kubota's website, under mowers, you have the option to look up "prior models". It lists everything from the first USA model in 1969, up to the most current discontinued models. For some, they even list the optional implements for that model/series. Rather a nice feature IMO.

According to the web site, there is a G4200G and a G4200H being 10 and 12 hp diesels respectivly. 40 or 42 inch decks. Front blade, MMM, snowthrower, snowblower, and tiller being Kubota implements . There is also a list of attachments too. Funny thing is, they don't list the years for the G, the T, or the F models.

Tractor
    JD2555

So did you manage to drag home an orange one?
    David from jax

Nah, I went to the one with more guns. I did a whole box of drill bits in almost new condition, ranging up to 3/4" in size, about 200 bits, maybe more, for $27.50.

I almost bought a small disc -- maybe 5' wide, but decided to hold out 'til I find one that can be picked up with a 3 point hitch. Did anyone ever make such a thing? I'm thinking Ford must have had one for the 8N and it's kin, but I don't know for sure.
    Rich
    Funk, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by daTeacha
    Nah, I went to the one with more guns. I did a whole box of drill bits in almost new condition, ranging up to 3/4" in size, about 200 bits, maybe more, for $27.50.

I almost bought a small disc -- maybe 5' wide, but decided to hold out 'til I find one that can be picked up with a 3 point hitch. Did anyone ever make such a thing? I'm thinking Ford must have had one for the 8N and it's kin, but I don't know for sure.

Someone did... My dad has one for his Jubilee....

A guy bought a reproduction Jubilee disc of the type that fits on the nose of the tractor for something like $30. I thought he was a little nuts, but apparently the things are not easy to find.
    Rich
    Funk, Ohio