Best bang for buck?

/ Best bang for buck? #1  

Nissan197

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3215 4WD
I am looking for a tractor that will be used on 10 acres of land. It will be used to assist in the building of a house, FEL work, mowing (rough and finish), grading of drive and setting posts for fences. What would be the best bang for my hard earned money? Have been looking at Mahindra; Farm Trac and Kioti, but Kioti dealer stopped selling them a month ago so I think they are out of the running due to no close Kioti dealer. I have even thought of Farm Pro, but I want to make sure the tractor stays together since I plan on owning it for a very long time (not saying they are not good, they just don't look as good as the other brands; I guess looks can be deceiving though). I think for the tasks I should go with at least a 30 HP 4 X 4. Does not matter gear or HST. Might as well save some money and go with a shuttle shift. Any recommendations on the above noted tractors?

/ Best bang for buck? #2  
Nissan197:

I have had both geared and HST driven tractors If you intend to do a lot of FEL and mowing work I would recommend HST. HST is much more convenient. I would also suggest 4X4 and power steering. Jay

/ Best bang for buck? #3  
Have you looked at a New Holland TC30?

/ Best bang for buck? #4  
I think with the prices from some aggressive dealers, unless you want to go Chinese (where you may get a terrific bargain or a PIA), the Mahindra may be hard to beat.

/ Best bang for buck? #5  
I agree with Dargo. With Kioti out of the running Mahindra is likely your best bang for the buck. Something in the 25+ hp range should do nicely.

/ Best bang for buck? #6  
I don't know if this is nationwide or just my local dealer, but they are advertising the Mahindra 2815 for 0% for 48 months. For a 4wd with loader, they are showing a payment of $225.53/month.

/ Best bang for buck? #7  
Nissan197 said:
What would be the best bang for my hard earned money? noted tractors?

I came across this site not long ago. There might be companies like this in KS. Not an expert but it seems to me that the refurb work looks pretty thorough and you get a LOT of bang for the buck:

4wds

/ Best bang for buck? #8  
Be careful with a refurbished grey market tractor. If you go the grey market route you may be a lot happier with an original condition tractor from a quality dealer.

/ Best bang for buck? #9  
If I could give any advice it would be don't rush into anything. Take your time, just look around for a while. I found a new TC40A for less than I could get any mahindra in the same HP. I liked the mahindra too, but felt the NH was a better deal. If you wait and watch, the right one will come along.

/ Best bang for buck? #10  
I sure wouldn't overlook companies like Kubota, New Holland, Massey Fergusen and John Deere. Often times they have sales on select models or volume discounts on certain machines that will get you into a great tractor for a reasonable price. The New Holland TC series A models are ofen overlooked, but are great tractors for the money.

My local JD dealer has 790's at 11k. It has 24pto hp and 4wd.