Need a little help on make the right choice on a tractor

/ Need a little help on make the right choice on a tractor
My biggest question is one chinese tractor how easy is it to get the parts and how is the cost compared to a big name brand company.

I checked out that ebay auction good looking tractor.

/ Need a little help on make the right choice on a tractor #12  
Hit a farmpro or northern tool site, check prices for 20-40 hp tractors.. now look at what major brands offer.

Soundguy

I went and looked at the KIOTI at lunch today. I like look of it I think I am going to go back and drive it this weekend.

/ Need a little help on make the right choice on a tractor #14  
bkcook, where in SC are you? Sounds like midlands. I'm up in Rock Hill. My property is in Fairfield. I'm not saying what I did is what you should do but I got a 45 hp Kubota L4400 4wd with loader. It is a pretty powerful tractor. If you have plenty of time to mow you can certainly do it with a 6 foot mower but I agree with Soundguy that it would get quite tedious. I have pulled a 7' heavy duty mower with the L4400 with no problem but it is not rated for anything bigger than a 6' on the 3pt hitch. I think it could pull an 8 foot pull type with no problem. I have used the L4400 to clear planted pines (with the FEL) of around 4-6" diameter and an occasional 8 incher if the ground was wet enough.

The L4400 is a very basic gear drive with no frills, but still outside your price range. I got mine at York County Kubota for less than $19,000 but got it at 0% interest which made the deal possible for me.

Hi N80

I am in the upstate in small town called Fountain Inn near Greenville SC. Not to far from Rock Hill I think its about 1 hr if you take the country way.

Yeah I think I am going to dry a Kubota also.

I think really what I need to do is set down and decide what specs I really need.

What I think I need is a 40 hp with FEL.

Thanks
Brian

/ Need a little help on make the right choice on a tractor #16  
You're not too far from York County Kubota. East on 85 and then down highway 5 past Blacksburg. Good folks. They keep some used stuff on the lot too. Last time I went by there they had a huge inventory. I cannot remember the sales guys name that I worked with, he was a young guy and really worked with me. Subsequently I referred one person from TBN and another local fellow to them both of whom bought tractors. So if you go over there, tell them I sent you (they might remember me, might not) and tell them to give you a deal.

I also found the Kubota folks in Hendersonville, NC (about 45 minutes north of you) to be nice to work with.

I've never seen an actual Kioti but looking at their web site it looks like they make good machines. I was impressed. Not sure if you can get a 40-45 hp Kioti any less than an L4400 (since it is very basic) but you might.

Here are some pics of my L4400:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/photos/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/22347

/ Need a little help on make the right choice on a tractor #17  
bkcook said:
I talked to the guy on the phone and he has a Kioti 35hp with a loader for 17k which is a little over my price but I guess i could finance the other 5 k.

How are Kioti tractors I have never heard of them until I found this group.

Brian,
I have owned my Kioti DK 35 for 5 years. Currently have around 900 hours on the tractor .
It has been a very good, reliable machine for me so far. The only repair I have made to the tractor has been an $8 tachometer cable..
Good luck..

Last edited:
Hi George

I like the look of your Kubota I know exactly where York Kubota is I will have to go check them out.

I wouldnt mind a used one if I can get a good deal on it. I think my plan is now I am going to drive a few get it down to 3 models I want.

/ Need a little help on make the right choice on a tractor #19  
If your still looking, you may be better off in a utility size tractor. John Deere 5103 or a FarmTrac 5 series. The JD Dealer may take your Yanmar in trade because they have the parts support.
HTH.

Yeah I called a JD dealer bout 100 miles from me he has some rental turn ins around 100 hrs for a 5202 4x4 18900. 4500 extra for a loader. He said it gets the full warranty and JD special financing.

I wish the loader wasnt so much. I am going to try to go this weekend and drive it.