4x4 side by side atv utility vehicles

/ 4x4 side by side atv utility vehicles
Thanks, To ALL of you that have offered your suggestions and advice. THEY ARE EREALLY APPRECIATED
Ray:)

/ 4x4 side by side atv utility vehicles #12  
My Ranger XP has 300 hours on the meter and that is all kinds of use in 1 1/2 years. My problems have been the heat issue that is a 2005 model problem only and parking brake issue that I fixed with advice from the PRC forum. The tailgate is weak and has cheap pick up type latching but has not failed yet. It is used almost daily for rides and farm errands. I loaded it with dirt, rock and sand many time at my new house site. I can ride my 9, 7, and 4 Y.O up front with the bench seat. We mostly ride our miles of dirt roads and I haven't rock crawled or been in much water though. The PRC http://www.prcforum.com/ is a great resouce as is RUV forum RUV - Recreational Utility Vehicles - UtilityOffRoad.com
Our favorite thing to do is ride on cool rainy days when nothing else outdoors can be done. I have the basic top back and windshield and dream of the curtis or great outdoors cab. When in the market again I will buy another Ranger or RTV for more serious work. I'm hoping there will be more choices in a couple of years.

First Thanks to ALL of you that have responded to this post. Your ideas,suggestions and advice have been very helpful to me.
I have narrowed my choice down to 2
(1) the1550 Club Car or the(2) Kubota RTV 900
The problem,:) that I have with the RTV 900 is the immediate stop when you take your foot off the accellerator.
Will any of you share your experiences with either of these machines?

/ 4x4 side by side atv utility vehicles #14  
The RTV does take a little getting use to the hydrostatic transmission but if you have any kind of steep terrain you will difinitely appreciate it. I almost threw myself out over the hood the first couple of times but it quickly becomes second nature. Just like you wouldn't somp on the brakes to come to a gradual stop instead you just let off the "gas" pedal slowly to bring yourself to a stop. It definetly was one of the features that sold me on the RTV because of the ease in handling the various grades and inclines/declines on our property. I am only familiar with the club cars that I drive on Sundays while playing 18:) but I can tell you that the Kubota is a well built machine that will last you a long time and the diesel engine will never run out of power or torque compared to a gas engine and it is miserly when it comes to fuel consumption.

Nolefan,
Thanks, for your help. I really appreciate it.
I believe, that I now have, enough information to go into the decision making processs, a lot better prepared.
Thanks again
Ray:)

/ 4x4 side by side atv utility vehicles #16  
As you may know, Kubota has a different part that makes the RTV coast to a stop more like what you'd see with a Gator or Rhino. I tried it once. Yeah, you guessed. I nearly ran over everything on my property. Once I'd gotten used to using the hydro drive, I'd expected it to stop when I let off the throttle pedal. When it didn't....well, you know. I put it back that way. I'm a HUGE fan of the much stronger hydro transmisson drive line rather than a belt drive system. I have both type of units right now and have had dozens and dozens of belt drive (Salisbury clutch drive) systems in the past. No belt drive system is as smooth as a hydro drive.

Dargo,

/ 4x4 side by side atv utility vehicles #18  
My vote also goes for the Polaris Ranger. Fast enought to play with. Strong, and seems well built. It will go about anywhere a four wheel drive four wheeler will go. Maybe more.

/ 4x4 side by side atv utility vehicles #19  
Don't overlook the Land Pride Treker. Reliable Honda power, true 4wd ability, excellent 4 wheel independet suspension. Excellent dealer and customer support.

/ 4x4 side by side atv utility vehicles #20  
I got a chance to test drive a Yamaha Rhino at the local snowmobile grass drags. It was a blast! It is more of a recreational vehicle as opposed to a workhorse, but it is incredible. We got to take it through the worst trails I've ever seen. It had push button 4wd and push button differential lock.

Check out the picture attached to see the amount of mud we had piled on these things and still beat the snot out of them. :D

Attachments

• 100_1564-1.JPG
    100_1564-1.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 643
  • 100_1565-1.JPG
    100_1565-1.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 432