what the world really need

/ what the world really need
Thanks everyone. My cub does have two coiled springs under the seat,so i don't know how much better i could do with the seat.Rolling my yard sounds like a great idea. I'll definitely check into that. thanks again for all the suggestions.
howard

/ what the world really need #12  
Check your tire pressure -- you shouldn't have much pressure, maybe 10 lb or so. Many people fill them to car like levels and wonder why the ride is rough. I run 9 lb in the rears of my DX29, about 11 on my mower.

/ what the world really need #13  
daTeacha said:
Check your tire pressure -- you shouldn't have much pressure, maybe 10 lb or so. Many people fill them to car like levels and wonder why the ride is rough. I run 9 lb in the rears of my DX29, about 11 on my mower.

yep, you see that a lot. Little known fact here. It's volume of air, not pressure that holds up your vehicle. So that's why a big balloon tire on a flotation truck only has 3 or 4 lbs of tire pressure. My ATVs run on 3lbs. My offroad Jeeps with 37"x12.5" tires wheel on 4lbs. Properly inflated your tractor front tire may require more pressure than the rear tire for the same reason. :)

/ what the world really need #14  
I have heard that aeration is a good way to smooth out bumps in your yard long term. The lumps get plugged deeper than the dips and the cores tend to accumulate in the dips. After several passes of aeration, things should get pretty smooth.

Rolling tends to compact things, so it may be smooth, but the grass will not be as lush.

Matbe combine the two. Aerate to loosen things up and roll it flat and then aerate again.

- Rick

/ what the world really need #15  
I added two springs to the rear of my flip up seat on the Ford 1100. It didn't have much travel, and it helped a little.
The JD has a suspension seat, so I haven't had to worry about it.
David from jax

/ what the world really need #16  
I live in a small ranchette style neighborhood where i finish mow about 3 acres of what i would call "rough yard".

Move to a place with 10+ acres and give up the idea of mowing forever...