JD 790 vs. NH TC30

/ JD 790 vs. NH TC30 #14  
My 790 was 2 years old in August. I bought 30 acres of woods and the tractor about the same time. I have worked this tractor hard and am very impressed. I have built roads, pushed over trees, hung trusses, dug post holes, etc, etc. I don't think there is a piece of sheetmetal on the tractor that isn't dented or scraped. My tractor is not the kind that sits in the shop so I can keep it washed and waxed. It has almost 400 hours now and I've had one self induced maintenance issue. Only thing I would do different is go to the 990 for the extra horsepower. Don't know anything about NH so can't make a comparison but I'm very happy with the 790. I'm with you on the dealer thing too. I bought mine at a dealership from a friend's recomendation. I later found a friendlier dealer where I buy my parts and preventive maintenance items.

/ JD 790 vs. NH TC30
Thanks for all the replys guys.

I recently went back down to the NH dealer here and talked to another salesman that I got along with much better.
Still didn't get a decent price though, $16,500, I can still beat that by $1000 by driving nearly to Houston to get it.
He said that he understood completely and didn't blame me a bit and "If I ever need work or anything for it just let them know."
So maybe service won't be that big a problem from them after all.
(I will do the majority myself, but I'm no deisl mechanic, if anything major happens I want someone close that can do it. Especially when it's under warantee.)

I've also gotten a better deal in the Houston area than locally on the JD as well.
$14,500 for the 790, FEL and box blade.
So, that puts the JD at $1000 less than the NH.

Decisions, decisions, decisions....

Anyway, no matter what I decide, it looks like I'll be driving 16 hours round-trip to get it!

Thanks again for the comments.

PS. Willl, I think my heart may actually be a little green!

/ JD 790 vs. NH TC30 #17  
That's funny if your talking about houston, tx. I live here and bought my tractor in waco because it was 2g's less than here in houston. My place is also that way and they delivered it the 45 miles to there. You don't say where you are but if waco is closer, let me know and i'll give ya the salesmans name.

/ JD 790 vs. NH TC30
I'm in Midland, the tractor place in Brenham is where I got the quote from.
(As far as I know, Brenham may be IN Houston by now. 15 years ago Katy was a seperate town!)
Waco is still 6 hours or so away; but that's a couple of hours closer!
PM me the dealer info please.
Always interested in saving an extra buck if I can.

/ JD 790 vs. NH TC30 #19  
I just north of Dallas and could use the name of a dealer that helped you out.

Cal