Quick Attach - which works with what

/ Quick Attach - which works with what #1  

dknarnd

Gold Member
Tractor
JD1010, JD B, TC40A (new)
Now that I'm more seriously looking at tractors the quick attach seems like a big selling point but from reading it sounds like they are all propritory to individual manufactuers. Just because you buy an implement with it doesn't mean it will fit your tractor.

/ Quick Attach - which works with what #2  
If you use the now standard "bobcat style" skid steer quick attach you will most likely be able to fit attachments with that standard. Having said that, I have had some attachments not work completely with my new JD skid steer style quick attach on my CUT which is slightly different on how the locking pins engage. The bobcat style drops the pins straight down, while the JD skid steer engages the pins in more of a slant. Some of my older bobcat attachments did not attach and lock until I took a torch and cut the notches about 3/4" more narrow on each slot of the attachment plate. I notice the newer bobcat attachments now have a longer slot for the pins to engage.
The standard JD CUT quick attach for the buckets and their attachments is proprietary to just them. Kubota and NH use the skid steer style and should work with other companies attachments.
Older Case skid steers used a different engaging pin width. As of several years ago they now use the standard skid steer setup.

/ Quick Attach - which works with what #3  
Most 3 point hitch quick attachments are similar in design. Right now, the most popular system is the John Deere I Match. All John Deere and Frontier implements will work with this system, but not so with other makers implements. Some will, and most can be adjusted to fit. As these systems get more poplular, I bet the three point hitch ill become more standardized across third party makes. It only makes sense. I didn't even look at other companies box blades when I got my new tractor. If I was sure that woods boxblades or other makes would have fit the I match, I would have done more shopping. Same thing goes for the landscape rake and rotary cutter. But im more than happy with these implements and the quick attach works quite well.

/ Quick Attach - which works with what #5  
There already are Standards from ASABE / SAE on the various Categories of 3-point hitches and implements and separate Standards for 3-point hitch Quick Couplers and Quick-Coupler compatible implements. Various manufacturers have recently started complying with the Category I Quick Hitch Standards due to the rise in popularity of compact utility tractors for the homeowner market. If they do comply, they will clearly say so in advertising and/or Operators Manuals because it is now a "selling point." The John Deere Category I Quick-Coupler complies with the QC Standard and John Deere uses the specific name "I-Match" to refer to it. Some other brands of Quick Couplers also comply or at least can be adjusted to comply with the Standard.

However, for implements, you need to check carefully if they are compatible with the Category I Quick-Coupler Standard or not. Older John Deere and most others are not generally compatible with the QC Standard even though they are compatible with the general 3-point hitch Standards. In other words, just because the implement says it is Cat I does not necessarily mean that it will work with a Category I Quick Hitch.

For some implements that do not meet the Cat I Quick-Coupler Standard, simple modifications can be done that make them usable. This usually requires some cutting and welding for the top mast in particular. For other implements it may be quite difficult or impossible.

If you have any doubt, try the implement out with your Quick-Coupler before buying. It is not that hard to remove it from the tractor and take it (along with the sleeves and/or ball joint sockets) to the location of the implement you are considering.

Many of the Frontier Implements are manufactured for John Deere by Woods. Those painted Woods orange that have direct counterparts sold as green under the Frontier label do meet the QC Standard.

As time goes by, it is likely that more and more compliance with the QC standard will occur. After all it does not cost the manufacturer more to design and manufacture the implement hitch to meet the QC Standard.

Hope this helps.

JackIL

Last edited:
   / Quick Attach - which works with what #6  
I use a Speeco Quick Hitch I bought at TSC. It looks just like the JD I-Match (it's not green though) but the Speeco has an adjustable top hook, the I-Match does not. The Speeco Quick Hitch fits up perfectly with all my Woods implements, which are a 5' rear blade, 48" box scraper and 5' landscape rake with no adjustments of the top hook necessary. I just back up, hook up, close the 2 handles on the quick hitch and go. Very easy and no messing around with the top link.

You have to be careful on what implements you buy. I had a King Kutter box scraper and a King Kutter rear blade and a Linebach rear blade that did not fit the quick hitch. I sold all those implements.

Woods makes the rear blades and landscape rakes for Frontier and I think the box scrapers are made by Woods as well.

/ Quick Attach - which works with what
Sorry guys I was asking about the front quick attach systems.

/ Quick Attach - which works with what #8  
dknarnd said:
Sorry guys I was asking about the front quick attach systems.

I enjoyed reading down thru these posts to find out who was on the right track!! I was with Radman1, but you never know!!! But Hey,,, look at the bright side,,, you also got some great quich hitch advice!!! Hahahahahaha!!!

Here, just for giggles, I'll attach a picture that applies to both ends!!! ;)

Attachments

• _MG_0978.jpg
    _MG_0978.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 355
   / Quick Attach - which works with what #9  
Often you will see the term "universal quick attachment" which is essentially the newer Bobcat style. As Radman noted, this is the non proprietary type that is most useful if you want to mix and match implements/brands etc.

ATI and a number of other companies sell adapters for pin type tractor loaders so you can use universal quick attach implements.

Attachments

• IMG_7708.jpg
    IMG_7708.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 281