1956 Farmall 130, whats it worth?

/ 1956 Farmall 130, whats it worth?
Thanks for all the quick replies! I really appreciate it. So it looks like the majority belives to be in the $2000-2500 range, not bad for a tractor thats 49 years old! And thanks for posting the serial numbers vs years, I had seen that but I guess it didn't register. :) It has been a great tractor, I live next door to him and he has an orchard out in the country. As long as I can remember he's used that tractor for just about anything from pulling stumps out to pulling me out when I get the truck stuck. A lot of good memories, of course thats when I forget how mad he was at the time :D.

The only question I still have is the Rockford clutch. I assume its a heavier duty version of the "base model" clutch, but I'm having a hard time finding any info on it. thanks!

/ 1956 Farmall 130, whats it worth? #12  
Mr_Meow said:
The only question I still have is the Rockford clutch. I assume its a heavier duty version of the "base model" clutch, but I'm having a hard time finding any info on it. thanks!

Yep, you are correct its the heavyduty clutch !

/ 1956 Farmall 130, whats it worth? #13  
I would tell you to drive it and cut with the mower so you know if slack stering, brakes, make sure tires have plenty of air. I would tell you to get some of the grease off others may not agree. Have plenty of gas in tank so a test drive would not be an embarsement this has happen to me walking back does not help in the selling process. Lots of luck!!

/ 1956 Farmall 130, whats it worth? #14  
Mr_Meow said:

Rockford clutches (J) have 6 springs/fingers vs the standard clutch which had only 3 springs/fingers. Rockfords also had a good throw-out bearing. The standard clutches used to have graphite rings to ride on vs real bearings. The rings would still last 20 years but if you take care of a Rockford (don't slip it too much) as you see, it still works fine. Good way to check a clutch is start off in 4th gear and listen to see if the engine bogs or chokes out vs. stays runring but not at the right engine rpm for the speed you are going (I may not have explained this so its easy to visualize). I changed a clutch in an old Jeep one time, to test it we put the front bumper against a tree and let out on the clutch....you'll be able to tell if the clutch is slipping that wey for sure...BobG in VA

/ 1956 Farmall 130, whats it worth? #15  
Hey Bob,
I thought it was only the Cubs that had the graphite ring throwout bearings ? Or am I mistaken ?