WHAT TO BUY - John Deere 2305 or Kubota BX24

/ WHAT TO BUY - John Deere 2305 or Kubota BX24 #11  
I was also looking at the JD units and I am not sure if the 23hp is the same as the 32hp unit 3203 and I could not belive how loud and jerky the hydro was! After a lot of research and test driving I realized that series is a very basic tractor and after driving the 20 series it was very apparent that I would not enjoy my seat time on the 3203.
Not knocking any brand but I went from test driving the 20 series to the basic 3400 kubota and it was much smoother and more quiet.

Word of advice, You will be in the seat a lot of hours so test drive, test drive, and test drive again before you pull the trigger.

Local Deer dealers have the 2305 over priced in my opinion over 15k for tractor loader and mower.

KC

/ WHAT TO BUY - John Deere 2305 or Kubota BX24 #12  
Local Deer dealers have the 2305 over priced in my opinion over 15k for tractor loader and mower.

KC

Shop around. I got my JD 2305 with the 62C MMM, iMatch, ballast box, loader and light guards for $13.6.

Not sure of your background, but go in with competitor quotes in-hand (JD and other) and they will sharpen their pencil. If not, go elsewhere.

Good luck!

Scott

/ WHAT TO BUY - John Deere 2305 or Kubota BX24 #13  
Shop around. I got my JD 2305 with the 62C MMM, iMatch, ballast box, loader and light guards for $13.6.

Not sure of your background, but go in with competitor quotes in-hand (JD and other) and they will sharpen their pencil. If not, go elsewhere.

Good luck!

Scott

Hope your right, I have seen with NH and Kubota they all stick together on price.

KC

/ WHAT TO BUY - John Deere 2305 or Kubota BX24 #14  
I may be wrong but everyone seems to be saying the 2305 can't be had with a factory backhoe...that's not correct it can be had with the 260bh. and from what I've read on another forum folks with it are very happy for what it is.

/ WHAT TO BUY - John Deere 2305 or Kubota BX24 #15  
I may be wrong but everyone seems to be saying the 2305 can't be had with a factory backhoe...that's not correct it can be had with the 260bh. and from what I've read on another forum folks with it are very happy for what it is.

Correct - it can be had from the factory or as a dealer add-on. I've lusted after one...

Scott

/ WHAT TO BUY - John Deere 2305 or Kubota BX24 #16  
Hope your right, I have seen with NH and Kubota they all stick together on price.

KC

Trust me. Go to the JD site and do a dealer locate for whatever your comfort zone is for driving (say 100 miles). Get the phone numbers of the dealers. Call them and make sure that you impart that you are serious, that you will be buying in the next xxx (week, 15 days, by month end, whatever). Make sure you know what you want in the tractor and have them give you a price. Let them know that you are checking with other JD dealers and that you are comparing to a BX24 or BX25 as well.

The economy sucks - these places are hurting for business. The salesman wants the sale - even if it is not for a big commission.

You are in a great position - use it to your advantage. I will say that once you have it narrowed down you should visit the places in person and see what they have for service, parts, etc.

Remember - you hold pretty much all the cards - you'll find someone that wants to deal.

Good luck!

Scott

/ WHAT TO BUY - John Deere 2305 or Kubota BX24 #17  
If you observe the dates of the posts, LB has resurrected a thread which was last active almost two years ago. At the time, the JD 260 backhoe had not been released, so the earlier posters were correct when taken in context. Hopefully, the OP has long since found his tractor.

/ WHAT TO BUY - John Deere 2305 or Kubota BX24 #18  
I have the John Deere 2305 and love it. I'd reccommend it.