WHAT TO BUY - John Deere 2305 or Kubota BX24

/ WHAT TO BUY - John Deere 2305 or Kubota BX24 #1  

stuarth

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2670
I have a had a BX2230 that I just sold and I was very happy with it except I wanted a loader and hoe and it did not make sense to spend the money nor did it make sense because of the bulletin Kubota put out about the hoe and not to install it on the BX2230.

I have left over a BX2763A snow blade and quick hitch for the Kubota BX but I really am leaning towards the John Deere 2305. The Kubota BX24 is kind of turning me off because of the plastic fender and battery grill cover plastic cracking & fit problems they all seem to have.

If anyone is interested in purchasing the front power angle blade and quick hitch that’s like new for a Kubota BX in the Ohio area please let me know at shende@adelphia.net If I were to sell the blade I think that would make up my mind on the Deere.

/ WHAT TO BUY - John Deere 2305 or Kubota BX24 #2  
I would really shy you away from adding an aftermarket backhoe. I sell both the New Holland TZ and Kubota BX. There are a whole slew of less than desirable issues that you have when adding a backhoe to such a small tractor. Kubota has overcome these things with the BX24 since its designed with the backhoe in mind. We really steer people towards the Kubota if the backhoe is a real issue. There are new fenders and battery covers shipping right now.

stuarth said:
I have a had a BX2230 that I just sold and I was very happy with it except I wanted a loader and hoe and it did not make sense to spend the money nor did it make sense because of the bulletin Kubota put out about the hoe and not to install it on the BX2230.

I have left over a BX2763A snow blade and quick hitch for the Kubota BX but I really am leaning towards the John Deere 2305. The Kubota BX24 is kind of turning me off because of the plastic fender and battery grill cover plastic cracking & fit problems they all seem to have.

If anyone is interested in purchasing the front power angle blade and quick hitch that’s like new for a Kubota BX in the Ohio area please let me know at shende@adelphia.net If I were to sell the blade I think that would make up my mind on the Deere.

/ WHAT TO BUY - John Deere 2305 or Kubota BX24 #3  
As for the options you have regarding the 2305 deere, you would need to look at a 3rd party like a Woods unit. I strongly suggest only subframe mounting which I believe they offered for the 2210 (last years model -2305 replaced it). The other option is to go for the 2320 and 46BH combination from Deere.

/ WHAT TO BUY - John Deere 2305 or Kubota BX24 #4  
I believe rvtech on this forum has a BH on his 2305 - he would be a great resource for real-world experience.

I agree with the previous posters - if a BH is a primary use concern I'd look for a unit that has a BH option defined (such as JD2320, JD2520, Kubota BX24).

Good Luck!

Scott

/ WHAT TO BUY - John Deere 2305 or Kubota BX24 #5  
I'd take ducati996's suggestion and go one step further and get the same package he has "the 2520 and 46bh". The added hydraulic flow of this machine over the 2320 should really shine when it comes to backhoe operation.

The bx 24 is a pretty good machine in it's own right though, and for a combination machine it is hard to beat both by price and performance.

/ WHAT TO BUY - John Deere 2305 or Kubota BX24 #6  
aesanders said:
I'd take ducati996's suggestion and go one step further and get the same package he has "the 2520 and 46bh". The added hydraulic flow of this machine over the 2320 should really shine when it comes to backhoe operation.

You actually have to be carefull and most times lower the rev's to reduce the flow to make things more smooth. High rev's get the backhoe moving real fast, and can really throw things around. Plenty of power on the 2520 no doubt. Plenty of power on the 2320 too !

I dont think he will like the price jump from the 2305 to the 2520 to much, just a feeling I get. For me its worth it - every penny...

Duc

/ WHAT TO BUY - John Deere 2305 or Kubota BX24 #7  
Not to make things more confusing, but why not consider the MF 2310 TLB...it has a dedicated hoe and is a great value. My experience with the 2300 with FEL has been great. I like my MF better than the Kubota B21 TLB (rented it)

W

/ WHAT TO BUY - John Deere 2305 or Kubota BX24
I am going to look at the MF and am considering the the JD 2305 or 2320. They all seem to be nice but each one has something I don't like. As for the JD 2305 I was told NO backhoe is recommended. As for the BX24 the plastic fender issue, the battery cover and the single FEL cylinder for the curl but I do have already the Kubota blade with the quick hitch. And the MF I think so far is just resale but I want to go look at it.

/ WHAT TO BUY - John Deere 2305 or Kubota BX24 #10  
I was also looking at the JD units and I am not sure if the 23hp is the same as the 32hp unit 3203 and I could not belive how loud and jerky the hydro was! After a lot of research and test driving I realized that series is a very basic tractor and after driving the 20 series it was very apparent that I would not enjoy my seat time on the 3203.
Not knocking any brand but I went from test driving the 20 series to the basic 3400 kubota and it was much smoother and more quiet.

Word of advice, You will be in the seat a lot of hours so test drive, test drive, and test drive again before you pull the trigger.