What should ... and should not, be posted here

/ What should ... and should not, be posted here #1  

Muhammad

Administrator
Tractor
None currently
To introduce the new forum, I'll outline the types of topics that should be posted here, and the type of topics that shouldn't be posted here.

Post Here
Comparison topics, topics relating to general buying issues, like "which dealer do you think I should buy from?" or "I have 16 acres and 5 to mow, what size finish mower should I get?" ... and "Which tractor is best in the 20-25Hp range for FEL work?" ... these types of topics that could have been posted in any of the brand-specific forums previously, but apply to all brands or say, 3 or 4 brands, should now be posted here. Also, if you have a general topic but for a specific brand, like "Which tires should I get for a JD 4600?" then that would also fit here, as it is a general topic.

Post in Brand-Specific Forums
Brand-specific stuff like "Is this a good price on a John Deere 4300?" or "what size box scraper can I get for my TC29D?" ... these are brand-specific questions and we'll just move them to the brand-specific forum of your choice. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Similar rules apply to the other two new general forums.

Thanks,

/ What should ... and should not, be posted here #2  
Thanks for the clarification, Muhammad. One of the most constructive things I think can come from the reorganization of the forums is to broaden the exposure level of TBN participants, and encourage consideration of tractors based on merit, as opposed to brand name or color. Everybody benefits from that, so I think it's a great idea!

/ What should ... and should not, be posted here #3  
OOPS!!! Looks like in my effort to be the first poster, I improperly posted. Sorry.

Kevin

/ What should ... and should not, be posted here
No worries. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ What should ... and should not, be posted here #5  
I agree with Mark. The New Format is better for general info. When I was shopping I was looking at four different brands, JD, NH, Kubota and Yanmar. Previous format had me jumping forums to get a feel for user satisfaction, problems, models to avoid etc...

Keep up the good work Mohammed.

Todd in Placerville

/ What should ... and should not, be posted here #6  
My professional apologies to Muhammed for misspelling his name.

/ What should ... and should not, be posted here #7  
<font color=blue>...apologies to Muhammed for misspelling his name...</font color=blue>

Todd,

Do you want to try for three... /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ What should ... and should not, be posted here #8  
5 brands= the big three plus yanmar plus kioti. notice i didn't even try to spell his name.