What is comparable to a Kubota 3400?

/ What is comparable to a Kubota 3400? #1  

WIshane

Tractor
Ford 400 w/fel
I have made my first visit to a CUT dealer and I looked at the Kubota 3400 and the 4400. I liked both machines I was mostly interested in the 3400 mostly for price reasons. I plan to look at the New Hollands and the John Deere's what machines should I be looking at in this size range model#'s . As I have posted earlier I think I am only interested in the big 3 for a variety of reasons. What do you guys / girls think about that size machine for working in the woods handling large logs for firewood fixing some trails driveway care minor landscaping creek work and tree-planting. Also maybe some pricing on these machines for comparative reasons Thanks in advance.

/ What is comparable to a Kubota 3400? #2  
Shane,

You didn't mention a transmission preference, but take a look at the 790 and 990 John Deere's They are a great value. I must admit though that my next tractor will be a Kubota M series, because they are awesome.

/ What is comparable to a Kubota 3400? #3  
I think the Ls are a great size for woods, but HST sure is nice if you are going to be in the trees and wiggling. I find length, with the brush hog on, to be more of an issue in the woods tahn width

/ What is comparable to a Kubota 3400? #4  
I know you say you like the big three, but once you get past the advertising and compare the L3400 to a Kioti DK35 you see how close they are:

Power engine(pto):
Kubota - 34.7(29)
Kioti - 34(28.3)

Fuel capacity:
Kubota - 9.0 gal
Kioti - 11.5 gal

Pump Flow:
Kubota -6.3 gpm (main) 3.8 gpm (ps) 10.1 gpm (total)
Kioti - 7.8 gpm (main) 4.7 gpm (ps) 12.5 gpm (total)

Ground Clearance:
Kubota - 13.4"
Kioti - 11.4"

Weight w/ ROPS
Kubota - 2580 lbs
Kioti - 3475 lbs

FEL lift capacity:
Kubota (LA463) - 1142 lbs (at pivot point)
Kioti (KL1450) - 1350 lbs (at pivot point)

FEL lift max height
Kubota (LA463) - 95.3"
Kioti (KL1450) - 103.5"

The Kubota seems to have a slight power and ground clearance advantage, but I think the weight, pump flow, standard features and FEL capacity advantages of the Kioti make it worth looking at. I don't have prices to compare, but I garauntee the Kioti will be at least $2000 cheaper when similarly equipped. I think the weight difference alone is quite surprising. I think they use the same headlight. :)

Kubota-Kioti.jpg

/ What is comparable to a Kubota 3400? #5  
Do not forget to look at the massey ferguson line. You would be looking for a MF 1533. I have over 10 hrs on mine and am loving it.

PUck

/ What is comparable to a Kubota 3400?
I checked to see if there was a Kioti dealer within 100 miles (that is all Kioti's website will give you) and that was part of the reason why I am planning to stick with the big 3 at this point. I do not care to drive to another state if I have service issues. As far as a HST vs. a Gear I am undecided at this point some have told me that HST's are not as durable but are much more user friendly. I have not looked at the Deere 990 is their pricing and lift capacity comparable to the Kubota's?

/ What is comparable to a Kubota 3400? #7  
I almost bought a 990 instead of my L4400. The timing of the 0% financing had as much to do with me choosing the Kubota as anything else. The L4400 is a little nicer tractor all the way around in my opinion. A little more HP, a little more lift capacity etc. But, the differences are minimal. The JD is a bit of a 'hybrid' as the engine is a Yanmar and the rest is made in, well, I don't know where the rest is made. I got my L4400 for a little less than JD was asking for the 990 but I never haggled with them because the JD 0% financing had expired. I don't think you'd go wrong either way, both are very capable, and quite powerful for a CUT and both are very very basic which allows you to get more power and capacities for your money. This appealed to me greatly. The L4400 does not come in an HST model and nor does the 990 as far as I know. I got my L4400 with FEL for about $18,500.

/ What is comparable to a Kubota 3400? #8  
There are 2 Mahindra dealers with in 65 miles. I cannot give any comparison info, but I would certainly look at those as well.

/ What is comparable to a Kubota 3400? #9  
WIshane said:
I checked to see if there was a Kioti dealer within 100 miles (that is all Kioti's website will give you) and that was part of the reason why I am planning to stick with the big 3 at this point. I do not care to drive to another state if I have service issues.
Yeah, you have to copy the address and put in your own mileage search. I don't know why they don't give a wider mileage search. Maybe it cuts down on competition. Here is a link to a 500 mile radius search for your zipcode (54452), there are some in WI, but I can see how being 100 miles+ away could be troublesome. Then again, my Kioti only saw the dealer for delivery and the 50 hr service. So far 175 hrs and counting, troublefree. ;) Link to 500 mile search

/ What is comparable to a Kubota 3400? #10  
Charlesaf3,

That's some list of attachments there"boy"!