What freebie did your dealer throw in?

/ What freebie did your dealer throw in? #1  

Champy

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 990
What free add-ons; service; parts; etc did you get from your dealer to seal the purchase of your new CUT? Bucket Hooks; Toothbar; blade; SCVs; etc....

Apologies if this is a repeat, but I tried searching the forums without much luck.......

/ What freebie did your dealer throw in? #2  
Champy said:
What free add-ons; service; parts; etc did you get from your dealer to seal the purchase of your new CUT? Bucket Hooks; Toothbar; blade; SCVs; etc....

Apologies if this is a repeat, but I tried searching the forums without much luck.......

Bought my new Kubota B7510HST/LA302 FEL in May05. Free delivery (about 50 miles one way) and the dealer welded three hooks onto the FEL bucket.

In Nov 05 the sales guy sent me a gift catalog and an ID number to use on the catalog's website. Got a nice $50 desk lamp as a Christmas present from the dealer.

Alas, in Jan 06 that dealer went belly up after more than 30 years selling Kubotas. Internal family matter among the owners.

/ What freebie did your dealer throw in? #3  
I got 2 Kubota hats!!!!!

Top that.

/ What freebie did your dealer throw in? #4  
I got a nice die-cast model tractor for my son, 3 hats, and free delievery 60 miles one way.

Solo

/ What freebie did your dealer throw in? #5  
Champy said:

The last new tractor I bought was in 1979. Before that, 1975, 1974, and 1971. Tractors were still relatively cheap back then. I don't recall any option on the tractor being free, but one dealer sent me home with a box of filters, manuals, and several hats. Another dealer sent me home with a friend. The day I bought the tractor was the first time we met. 35 years later we are still best of friends. The last new one sent me home knowing times had changed. I spent more on one tractor that the previous 3 new ones combined.

And all I got with it was a hat.

Then again, the way I treat sales people, it's a wonder they didn't send me home with buckshot in my tail.

After that experience everything I've bought has been used. You get all sorts of swag with a used tractor. ...mostly heavy baggage....

/ What freebie did your dealer throw in? #6  
2 hats & Delivery.

/ What freebie did your dealer throw in? #7  
50-hour service (with the deal, didn't necessarily seal it, but didn't hurt) and lots of patience dealing with me since...

/ What freebie did your dealer throw in? #8  
All I got was a payment book.

/ What freebie did your dealer throw in? #9  
I received nothing also. Except they said they'll throw a block heater on free if I get the 50 hr maintinance done there...

/ What freebie did your dealer throw in? #10  
All I got was a hat (whoopie!). I wouldn't even of gotten that if I didn't keep bugging them about it.

Ken