Opinions on Loaders, Curved vs Coventional

/ Opinions on Loaders, Curved vs Coventional #21  
rback33 said:
And then you should see that Deutz loader on a Boomer SS.... I think it looks WAY better than the OE loader.:eek:
Ah but there is the rub, that is NOT a traditional dogleg style loader! As already proposed, that loader is more of a cross between an industrial loader design and a traditional design, but attempting to achieve sight line advantage of a curved arm loader.
Dusty said:
The slanted arms that I have seen have all been U shaped stamping welded together.
Interesting observation, I would certainly think a square/rectangular tube arm would be a lot more resistant to twisting/torque than one with an open side. Here is another photo of the Deutz loader. Clearly the upper section of the arms is not tube, but two pieces of stamped steel with a weld along the top. The cylinder actually fits inside the arm.

Attachments

• DSCF0066.JPG
    DSCF0066.JPG
    628.2 KB · Views: 278
   / Opinions on Loaders, Curved vs Coventional #22  
Bob.... my apologies.... I was not clear on my description. The U shaped formed channels were put together and welded. My question is of the quality and thickness of the steel stamping prior to being welded, verses a square tube that is manufactured that way. Is the inherent design of the slanted loader arms going to be as strong as the arms that are made of square steel tubing? I don't know, and only time will tell. When you form a piece of steel with angles, it will be stronger than the sheet itself prior to forming. How all this will work will only be with the test of time. I have not seen any loader arms that are not boxed, whether they be square or sloped. Once again... sorry for my error in wording.
Dusty

/ Opinions on Loaders, Curved vs Coventional #23  
If I had an unlimited budget, I would probably try to have a loader built that superficially looked like the Duetz or a dogleg style, but had another pivot point at the kink. Then I could straighten the arm for more reach and visibility or draw it in for more lift and maneuverability. Heck, I'd even settle for a straight arm industrial look if it worked like the boom on an extend-a-hoe. It would cost an arm, a leg and a crutch, but it sure would be the best of both worlds.

/ Opinions on Loaders, Curved vs Coventional #24  
I was so happy when I got to buy a new tractor and it had a FEL on it. I did not care if it was dogleg, or curved or articulated I was just happy after all of these years to have one.

/ Opinions on Loaders, Curved vs Coventional #25  
daTeacha said:
If I had an unlimited budget, I would probably try to have a loader built that superficially looked like the Duetz or a dogleg style, but had another pivot point at the kink. Then I could straighten the arm for more reach and visibility or draw it in for more lift and maneuverability. Heck, I'd even settle for a straight arm industrial look if it worked like the boom on an extend-a-hoe. It would cost an arm, a leg and a crutch, but it sure would be the best of both worlds.

Now we're talking!!!! Good idea!!!! :)

/ Opinions on Loaders, Curved vs Coventional
daTeacha said:

There is a manufacture that DOES.

Frey Industries-Ontario, Canada

/ Opinions on Loaders, Curved vs Coventional #27  
The Frey product is quite interesting.

Frey Loaders :: Vertex

They basically put a hinge in the middle of the loader arms and a set of control arms across the top of the loader arms to make the loader automatically extend as it is lifted. Very helpful if you do a lot of high lifting. Otherwise, I don't think it would help my day-to-day work since I don't load trucks or stack materials very high.

KEG

/ Opinions on Loaders, Curved vs Coventional #28  
Bob,

That is a real nice looking Deutz. I was wondering when you shot the pics of this machine if you got to spend a few minutes playing with it and get some pricing. According to an article in the Sunbelt Expo, the Agrokid 40 lists for 17k and some change and wondering what that cool loader costs. The machine looks similar in frame size to a 3130 Kubota. At this kind of pricing, I think it is a real strong unit. I never cared for that green when it was Deutz Allis, maybe I was just used to for Persian orange. However, I think if the numbers are right it might be just what I am looking for. Any additional info you can provide would be great.

Brian

/ Opinions on Loaders, Curved vs Coventional #29  
The tractor is not mine and I didn't even take the photo. The photo was taken by a friend of mine at his company (they make the loaders for several brands of tractors. . . its nice to have low friends in high places :rolleyes:). I don't know the "retail pricing" because that would be set by the dealers and he is a manufacturer.

I do like that loader a lot. It seems to be a good balance between the visibility of the curved loaders without the added few inches of extra length. The one thing that I would like to see is a lower mounted height, that would reduce the overall lift height a bit, but that loader lifts plenty high and losing 2 or 3 inches of vertical lift would not be a problem. But lowering the mounting height would improve forward visibility even more.

/ Opinions on Loaders, Curved vs Coventional
Bob,
Who is the loader manufacturer your freind works for?

I have some pictures that were sent to me by a freind also.

Attachments

• LG Loaders-2840_4140_Spec_July_31_06[1].pdf
    171.5 KB · Views: 244