Green and Orange

/ Green and Orange #1  

Big_Cajun

Silver Member
Tractor
MF 1130
Well, I've finally narrowed it down to a Kubota M7040F (2WD) and a JD 5303. I know I'm not comparing oranges to oranges here...oranges to watermelons, maybe.

I got the M7040F priced. Comes with 2 remotes and the front weight bracket (which weighs in over 200lbs btw) for $20,250. I have quote requests in for the JD.

My question is simple: has anybody who bought either one of these machines had any problems with their respective units? Are you satisfied? Any regrets regarding said machine?

Any insight is greatly appreciate.

BC

/ Green and Orange #2  
Not that much insight, I'm afraid, but here's my 2 cents. I bought a Kubota because up here they have a great reputation for reliability, and my mechanic steered me towards the line. Don't know anything about Deere, besides the fact that it has a long history, which makes me think they know what they are doing. Maybe find a mechanic whose worked on both in your area? Probably not a bad idea in general if you are going to buy one.

I've found asking the service guys what they think of various things over the years has served me pretty well - they tend to have opinions that are developed from some solid facts. (Though the fact the guy sees 3 times as many deeres as kubotas in the shop doesn't mean anything if there are 3 times as many deeres as kubotas around)

/ Green and Orange #3  
The Deere is a more basic tractor, I've seen the 5303 advertised at about $17500 with 1 remote.

/ Green and Orange #4  
I 2nd that, the Kubota is a way more deluxe tractor. The Deere your looking at is their Indian built value tractor, its not nearly as polished as the Kubota. If you want to compare apples to apples look at the Deere 5325

/ Green and Orange #5  
MessickFarmEqu said:
I 2nd that, the Kubota is a way more deluxe tractor. The Deere your looking at is their Indian built value tractor, its not nearly as polished as the Kubota. If you want to compare apples to apples look at the Deere 5325

Um, Ah, oh...lol never mind... I see u Neil and I can't help but feel ornery. :D

/ Green and Orange #6  
My brother has a 5103, whuch is two sizes smaller. He likes it very much. He bought John Deere because we have alot of John Deeres and we like them.

/ Green and Orange #7  
I doubt you could go wrong with either brand. I've gone Kubota even though a neighbor went NH. For me, it was the very local dealer and their excellent advice, patience, and service.

I do wonder about whether you should get 4WD - what's the price difference? The more I use my 5030 (and 3130 before) the more essential I think 4WD is.

-Brian

/ Green and Orange #8  
n8wrl said:
I doubt you could go wrong with either brand. I've gone Kubota even though a neighbor went NH. For me, it was the very local dealer and their excellent advice, patience, and service.

I do wonder about whether you should get 4WD - what's the price difference? The more I use my 5030 (and 3130 before) the more essential I think 4WD is.

-Brian
true. I couldnt imagine not having FWA.

/ Green and Orange #9  
n8wrl said:
For me, it was the very local dealer and their excellent advice, patience, and service.

Must be York County Kubota. I like them a lot. Got my L4400 there. I hope they do the big open house/barbecue thing again this year.

/ Green and Orange #10  
N80 said:
Must be York County Kubota. I like them a lot. Got my L4400 there. I hope they do the big open house/barbecue thing again this year.

It sure was! In fact I was over there last week picking up an order and I told them about this site. They had just signed up and are probably lurking. Good bunch of guys.

The open house was really fun and from what I could see a huge success for them. I think they had a deal where the first 200 or so got a free hat. We arrived about two hours after it started and there were already 1000 people there!

-Brian