Kubota 4330 vs. JD 4120

/ Kubota 4330 vs. JD 4120 #1  

CWP37

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 5103 w/ 512 LDR
Any opinions on which one is a better tractor? I don't mind color bias, just want some input. I need to do several things:

-Move round bales on FEL
-Pull a 6' shredder 2-3 times per year
-Box blade a 1/4 mile driveway once per year (twice if it rains a lot)
-General maintenance and pasture work with FEL

Thanks in advance.

/ Kubota 4330 vs. JD 4120 #2  
I have never operated the 4330 but have owned a 4120 a little over a year. I checked out the 4330 at purchase time but the price I got on the 4120 was a few hundred less. I have heard others have found the 4330 cheaper so the cost must vary a little by region. The 4120 comes standard with quick attach bucket, real handy for a bale spear. I think that option costs you extra on the 4330. Also, I believe the 4120 has slightly larger lift capacity in both weight and height, again an advantage with the bale spear. No problems with the tractor after a year and it does real well on a 6 foot shreader. Whichever tractor you choose, be sure to load the rear tires.

/ Kubota 4330 vs. JD 4120 #3  
I don't think that you will find any meaningful difference in the reliability or quality of either tractor. Both are super.

I also don't think that there is much operational or capability difference between either machine. Spec's might vary a bit, but you have really REALLY read them closely to see that they are often purposefully comparing apples and onions. Loader specs are a great example. You want to know how much you can put in the bucket and lift, but the specs are for pivot pins, or center of bucket or 500mm in front of the bucket and which the heck bucket was used when the measurement was made? Who can tell?

Luckily, either tractor will be able to easily perform all of your listed tasks.

It will come down to which tractor fits your butt better and keeps your wallet happy.

Have you also looked at the new Kubota 40 series tractors? The new HST is a LOT more advanced than the one in the 30 series.

jb

/ Kubota 4330 vs. JD 4120
I've seen the rumblings about the new L40s, but figured they were out of my price range. I'm looking for an end of the year deal on a Grand L or a JD 4000 series.

/ Kubota 4330 vs. JD 4120 #5  
Why limit yourself to just two manufacturers when there are so many more to choose from?

/ Kubota 4330 vs. JD 4120 #6  
CWP37 said:
I've seen the rumblings about the new L40s, but figured they were out of my price range. I'm looking for an end of the year deal on a Grand L or a JD 4000 series.

I can see the "deal" on the kubota, given the new 40's coming in, but is the JD going to be priced down too? Well, end of the month, basically now, is a good time to move. Get your funds lined up and give a low ball offer on each. If you have been dealing with a sales guy from each dealer, you can give each a call with what you are willing to pay and first one to accept gets the sale. Be sure to tell them that you have already given the same call to the competition. Deal to be done by the end of the day 11/30.

There are other mfg's out there, but you have honed in on 2 of the best. While I drive a Kubota and a Ford, the JD with the bigger loader looks like a very nice machine. Havn't tried it out, but ... looks good.

jb

/ Kubota 4330 vs. JD 4120 #7  
I have the L4330 with the 853 loader and am pleased with it. However, before I bought this size tractor OF ANY BRAND to load big round bales, I sure would want to see how stable it felt with that much weight, that far out, especially moving over rough ground.

John

/ Kubota 4330 vs. JD 4120 #8  
Today Kubota doubled the dealer rebates on the GL30's. This will probably be a bulk of the discounting done to move the old models.

/ Kubota 4330 vs. JD 4120
Does that mean I should go see my local Kubota dealer to see what he can do?

/ Kubota 4330 vs. JD 4120 #10  
CWP37 said:
Does that mean I should go see my local Kubota dealer to see what he can do?

You'll pardon me if I take this out of context, won't you? Anyway... If he can do handstands and juggle knives, well, hey, it would be worth going to see him, anyway, wouldn't it?