Kubota & Deere

/ Kubota & Deere
Mr. Messick,

That is good information to know, since those videos were instrumental in getting me to think "other than orange".

I live in Deere country, and am one of the few around that can say "orange you glad". Nonetheless, I still need to perform due diligence in my pre-purchase evaluations and i thank you for the input.

/ Kubota & Deere #12  
JimParker said:
I was looking at open-station versions of both tractors (JD 3320 and Kubota B3030) and went with the JD. I liked the ergonomics better, and the long reach to the FEL control on the Kubota was awkward to me.

When working with Kubota they offer two types of loader controls. One off the right hand side of the dash by the rest of your engine controls and normally the way you are headed while using the loader or by the seat on the right. It's unfortunate that you didn't know that it was available in a position that would make you more comfortable.

/ Kubota & Deere #13  
Art,

You pose a good question. Because I have not operated one does not mean I have not SEEN one. In our area, John Deere equipment probably ranks third in units sold behind Kubota and Massey. My experience is based primarily by my neighbors, many of whom have Kubotas and several of whom have the Kubota cab tractors. They seem to like them and I have checked out several. The ergonomics and finish of the Kubota cabs is not quite to the standards of the JD cab to my untrained eye. I know that JD sought to raise the bar on the compact cab machines, and I think they have done so. This DOES NOT mean that Kubota does not make a very nice cab tractor, simply that they have a little work to do in my "corner-of-the-world opinion" to equal the finish and comfort of the JD cab. Also, please note that I am not dissuading our poster from getting a Kubota, merely that JD offers a very nice cab option in his desired machine. As with any purchase, I advise him to go to the dealer with his wife and both drive and operate the machines in question. I would suggest even seeing if the dealer would give them the option of trying one out on their property to see which feels better.

John M

/ Kubota & Deere #14  
RFB said:
(One negative (in relative terms) that I see is the JD propietary quick attach system. All of my Kubby stuff uses skidsteer QA.)

The JD CUT tractors have a standard Category 1, 3-point hitch - that's hardly "proprietary." If you're referring to the JD Imatch system, that also is not proprietary as it complies with ANSI / ASAE S278.7 (also, ISO 11001, 780.3 and 8759-2) - and like systems are available from a number of manufacturers including Speeco, and Land Pride.

If you're using a 3-point to skid steer adapter on your Kubota - that should work on a JD. If you're referencing the FEL - JD has an adapter for the 300CX series loaders that will adapt skid steer implements to the loader.

/ Kubota & Deere #15  
RFB said:
Sirs,

Are there any Deere 3320 owners here that could give me their perspective of the 3320, and a knowledgeable comparison to the B3030? (I am not trolling for a "mine is better" type post.)

Thanks

It appears you're going to get it anyway ... :cool:

/ Kubota & Deere
Swines,

Yes, I was referring to FEL skidsteer attachment, which is (as far as I know) the standard attachment system on my 5030. From what I read on the JD site, they quote the word "proprietary" regarding their FEL attachment system. The point I was trying to make was a small one regarding one more/less hoop to jump through if I have one green and one orange.

Doug,

I am glad I was not drinking coffee when I read your post :)

/ Kubota & Deere #17  
I would strongly suggest letting the future operator of the new machine drive them back to back, no car driving in between, although you could drive her from dealer to dealer. I have been in stationary models of both orange and green tractors and will say the green seemed more car like, to the point that I wondered about durability of the seat cover fabric.

There's the visibility factor to consider. Have her sit in the tractor cab with loader mounted and then walk around the thing. Compare where the sight lines hit your body in front, sides and back of the tractor. Compare height -- I found Kubota's tend to have shorter ROPS than Deeres, but didn't look that closely at cabs since I don't need one in the woods. Overall height was a factor to me since I have close clearance into the barn where the tractor is normally parked. The DX clears it by about 2 inches with the ROPS up.

/ Kubota & Deere #18  
RFB said:
Swines,

Yes, I was referring to FEL skidsteer attachment, which is (as far as I know) the standard attachment system on my 5030. From what I read on the JD site, they quote the word "proprietary" regarding their FEL attachment system. The point I was trying to make was a small one regarding one more/less hoop to jump through if I have one green and one orange.

Doug,

I am glad I was not drinking coffee when I read your post :)

It's only proprietary in that the FEL-to-skid steer adapter is designed to mate with the 300CX FEL arms (pin + hook) - the skid steer side of the adapter is non-proprietary (fits standard skid steer attachments).

I would think your current Kubota FEL-to-skid steer adapter is equally as proprietary (designed to fit Kubota FEL systems and adapt them to skid steer attachments). However if this will fit the FEL on the new Kubota you're considering - that certainly would save you some $$.

I was drinking coffee - home roasted Rwanda Migongo Bourbon...mmmmmm...tasty...