Orange is better............................

/ Orange is better............................ #1  

jejeosborne

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota/B7800
...........to see in the woods.
Finally a legitimate reason to say orange is better. Last week I was running fence along my property lines which run thru dense forest. Fortunately this time of the year there is little underbrush and it was easy to maneuver my Kubota through blazing a fence row. I also used it to pack in all the needed supplies. When it came time to string the fence I was sighting through the woods and by chance had parked the tractor near the property corner pin. It was very visible with the orange paint and I was able to see it from about 500 feet enabling me to string the fence accurately on the property lines. Just another reason to steer clear from the Deere Green. LOL. I will post a couple of pics. I must say that I would rather have a Deere in a pumpkin patch.

Attachments

• Picture 003-2.jpg
    Picture 003-2.jpg
    919.7 KB · Views: 612
  • Picture 004-2.jpg
    Picture 004-2.jpg
    925.8 KB · Views: 505
   / Orange is better............................ #2  
Good thing you don't have a light brown tractor. You would probably still be looking for it without success!

Be careful where you start these brand-specific praising and ridiculing threads. You may just offend one of our green-blooded friends.:eek: You would've been safer in the Kubota Owning/Operating Forum.;)

/ Orange is better............................ #3  
I have to admit that green paint makes it hard to find bolts, nuts, washers, etc. if dropped in the grass.

/ Orange is better............................
I posted this just because I think it is funny to see people being so strongly loyal to one brand or another. I personally have no loyalty to any one brand. I purchase the brand that has the product that meets my criteria at the time. I have a relative who only buys Chevrolet trucks because back in the 80's Ford was having transmission troubles. I tell him that you have to research the current models as things are always changing.
Who knows what color my next tractor will be? I wish I could have one in every color.

/ Orange is better............................ #5  
I know, I realize that. I was just giving you a hard time. I, too, was making somewhat of a sarcastic jab at brand loyalty (blind obsession?).:)

/ Orange is better............................ #6  
Morning jejeosborne.
Kinda gives a new meaning to Hunters Orange. :)

/ Orange is better............................ #7  
Now you have to mount a flashing strobe on it!:D

/ Orange is better............................ #8  
This brings up a pet peeve for me, and it relates to the color of our tools more than tractor brands.......but I am always losing tools and things on the ground, in the shop, etc. They are usually right there, I just don't see them.

So, I think all tools and anything else that you might carry into the woods and drop or set down....should be ORANGE!

And even worse than that, you see all these camo colored wallets, knives, cell phones, flashlights, walkie-talkies, etc. What are people thinking? All I need is another thing that instantly disappears when I drop it or set it down?
And who needs a camo wallet? What animal are they hunting with their wallet? Almost as dumb as the camo colored underwear you see in catalogs. I don't know what those folks are doing in the woods....and I don't think I want to. Cue "Dueling Banjos".

/ Orange is better............................ #9  
You know George I thought I was the only one that put things down and five minutes later I can't remember where I put it, sometimes it's not even five minutes.The older I get the worse it gets but I have no complaints , I can still get on that tractor and do what I need to do,thank the good Lord for that.
Herb

/ Orange is better............................ #10  
Have you read a Cabela's catalog recently. Why does someone need camo bedding -- pillow cases, quilts, etc.? It's just style thing, kind of like having a monstrous big 4x4 Cadillac station wagon with 22" rims and bling up the ya-ya to drive around in the city.

Tractors, however, are another matter. Color is important. I just know my current red works better than the previously owned orange, despite the fact that is doesn't match my chainsaw when I'm out there cutting wood. International (AKA Case) supposedly went with red back in the 30's as a safety move, away from the battleship gray common to most tractors. Valid or not, it stuck and is now part of Case tradition.

I don't know what to tell you about the blue ones, though. Maybe Henry just got tired of selling tractors from Michigan colored to match Ohio State.