John Deere 3020/4020 and alternatives

/ John Deere 3020/4020 and alternatives #1  

bocephus

hey yall.
have a few questions. in the next couple years i'll be in the market for a bigger tractor. im looking for something along the size of the 3020/4020. im definately looking for a used machine, as farming isnt my main occupation. just need something for bush hogging, maybe a little haying, general chores, log skidding, etc.

my question is, i know with John Deere, you are paying alot for the name.
what are some tractors in the same class as the 3020 or 4020 in different makes? massey, ford, new holland, etc. again, this for an older used unit, under 10K.

thanks

/ John Deere 3020/4020 and alternatives #2  
bocephus said:
my question is, i know with John Deere, you are paying alot for the name.
what are some tractors in the same class as the 3020 or 4020 in different makes? massey, ford, new holland, etc. again, this for an older used unit, under 10K.

Suggest you look at Internationals. There are many models from 50 to 150 hp out there. Parts are still avail at Case/IH dealers. With decent maintenance, these tractors are just getting "broken in" at 4000 hours. A lot of these old Farmall/International Diesels can still be seen working at over 8000 hrs with no engine rebuilds. I'd think you need to go over to the "Red Power" forum and ask. I bet you'll get a bunch of answers. BobG in VA