I just don't understand?

/ I just don't understand? #1  

mike311

After reading the numerous kubotas cheaper threads, I just can't figure out why it's not like that in my area. The deere dealers in my area have been under pricing the local kubota dealers for years. Here's the latest example:
JD110 33,500.00 L-39 35,500.00 Both have R-4s, front hydraulics, 3 point hitch, HD buckets. I would purchase the kubota if it was somewhat cheaper than the deere. I can't see paying more for less power and less transmission. Is my local kubota dealer not willing to deal or is the L-39 just that expensive?

/ I just don't understand? #2  
So when do you pick up your new 110?

Is this the same dealer you bought your tractor from? If so, this seems reasonable. He has a happy customer now and wants to keep you in the JD family for all your purchases. He would rather take a smaller profit than none at all. If you start buying orange for one item, you might stay orange.

/ I just don't understand? #3  
mike311 said:
After reading the numerous kubotas cheaper threads, I just can't figure out why it's not like that in my area. The deere dealers in my area have been under pricing the local kubota dealers for years. Here's the latest example:
JD110 33,500.00 L-39 35,500.00 Both have R-4s, front hydraulics, 3 point hitch, HD buckets. I would purchase the kubota if it was somewhat cheaper than the deere. I can't see paying more for less power and less transmission. Is my local kubota dealer not willing to deal or is the L-39 just that expensive?

Tractor pricing is very dependent on location.

/ I just don't understand? #4  
why would you want a kubota over a deere, I wish the deere dealers were that way here. the deere dealer actually wanted several grand MORE than list.

/ I just don't understand? #5  
why would you want a kubota over a deere,

Why not? Gotta be a good reason why Kubota sells more CUT's & SCUT's than any other brand.

Down my way JD's price out by about $1K higher than Kubota in the same class. i.e. 4100 was over $1K than a B7610, the 2210 was over $1600 than the BX2230.
Kioti also priced out higher, i.e. the CK20 was about $500 higher than the B7510.
An MF GC2310 was about $600 higher than a BX23.
Course that was 2 yrs ago when I was shopping around but I doubt it's changed much since.

Pricing is definitely regional.

/ I just don't understand?
The only reason I would by the L-39 over the 110 is to save money. When two companies make products with similar capabilities but one is physically smaller with less Hp and less options, I would expect it would be cheaper.--not the case! I think the L-39 is as "modern" as the 110 and I'm sure it performs well.
Oh well, I guess I'll have to buy the larger, more powerful, hydrostat drive 110 and save $2000.00 dollars!!
BTW, just ordered the 110. The dealer said it will be in this week.

Mike

/ I just don't understand? #7  
The 110 was brought out to compete with the L48. The L39 is a size smaller class so it would weigh less and have less HP. Also the 110 will not keep up with the L48 have ran both I have L48 and a friend of mine has the 110 it will not dig or lift with the L48 not only that look under the 110 some time and see how many things are hanging down to be tore off.

/ I just don't understand? #8  
Volfandt said:
Why not? Gotta be a good reason why Kubota sells more CUT's & SCUT's than any other brand.

Down my way JD's price out by about $1K higher than Kubota in the same class. i.e. 4100 was over $1K than a B7610, the 2210 was over $1600 than the BX2230.
Kioti also priced out higher, i.e. the CK20 was about $500 higher than the B7510.
An MF GC2310 was about $600 higher than a BX23.
Course that was 2 yrs ago when I was shopping around but I doubt it's changed much since.

Pricing is definitely regional.
One good reason, not concidering price, is the money stays in a United States of America company.

/ I just don't understand? #9  
jwnge said:
One good reason, not concidering price, is the money stays in a United States of America company.

I may need some help here but is it not the John Deere is made by Yanmar?? And is John Deere not going to have to send the majority of the money to Yanmar?

murph

/ I just don't understand? #10  
mike311 said:

COMPETITION seems to be the answer