Help! New Compact Tractor

/ Help! New Compact Tractor #11  
Yeah,think that was one of those chinese brands that they quit selling,[sounds like for good reason],heard other people complain about them. Yeah,we take chances sometimes,sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't.
Good luck on your new tractor,whatever it is you end up getting. Know from experience buying vehicals,,if you can get one to give you a offer in writing,,than you can take off running,,,if you can get one guy to write his price on back of a bussiness card,,pick a small dealer to start with,,people think these large dealers will save you more and they could,,but,the smaller dealers want to sell,,and if you can get that one low price,,youre set,,,thingy

/ Help! New Compact Tractor #12  
SOS said:
I need opinions as I don't want to make the same mistake twice! I'm looking to buy a new tractor as my current 38-hp China tractor has become too much to maintain, find parts, & is generally a lemon. I have 13 acers, hilly, with a lot of woods & a long road to the property to maintain. I'm looking at the following tractors & my budget is about $25 K w/ FEL:
- Kubota L34 or 3830
- JD 3520
- New Holland TC 35 or 40

Is this big enough?
Is my Price range right?

Are their any web pages comparing prices, quality, etc? Like consumer reports for Tractors? What are your opinions?
My selection criteria are:
- Strong equipment (heavy lifting & pulling)
- Easy to get maintenance/repairs
- Long lasting (My wife will not let me buy another one for 15 yrs)
- Reliable
- Price

If you lived near me I'd let you have my L3830 HST (which has been super) for 25% of the price I purchased it for. It includes a 84" finish mower, R4's, bolt on toothbar, TnT, foldable ROP's, looks like new etc. etc. I have really enjoyed this tractor, more then my Kubta L48 or International 454D.

/ Help! New Compact Tractor
Thanks All -- Update on prices with FEL (1st quoted prices):

• New Holland 45 D -- $23,600
  • Kubuta L4400 -- $21,000
  • JD 3720 -- $28,000 - (Email quote --Not visited yet)
  • Massey -- Not visited yet.
:cool:

/ Help! New Compact Tractor #14  
We have owned a Kubota L4610 for a few years and it has never given a minutes trouble.

I'm not sure if this applies to the smaller tractors but my friend has a John Deere and Kubota, both around 80-90 Hp. He said the Kubota has more power (per specifications) but the JD is stronger.

And something I've wondered, why is MF usually not considered when people look into the big 3. Does is not have the quality, reputation, or what. I think they run a Perkins diesel which I hear is an excellent engine. Are there problems in other areas associated with MF?

/ Help! New Compact Tractor #15  
You should check out the new Grand L series. I have a grand L 3710 HST which has been extremely reliable and worked hard. The L series just was updated and I think have a load match feature like JD. They should be available at dealers soon.

/ Help! New Compact Tractor #16  
Rutwad,
Good question, about the Massey. I have a 1552 Massey and it does anything I want it to, and then some.
I really believe it wil climb a tree. lol:)

tensaw12

/ Help! New Compact Tractor #17  
I think you should check on the John Deere price in person. The quote you have gotten is too much and can be cut substantially. The main point is that all the tractors you are evaluating would be definite improvements over your previous machine. I have a 3720 JD and really like it. If sheer horsepower for size is what you want, it would be tough to beat and is super comfortable with generally good dealer support and innovation. I would not overlook the Kioti. As a company it and Mahindra seem to be the most aggressive marketing and selling v. the bigger makers and you might get a good deal on a great machine. The key is the dealer. When you are buying a tractor of this price, you are REALLY buying the dealer more than the machine. True, we have our preferences and true I think my JD is the best tractor ever made, but the truth is all the major manufacturers make good, solid machines that will last years and serve you well. They are, however, mechanical devices and will require service and an occasional repair, whether due to the machine or the operator. If you have a marginal John Deere dealer, or they are far away, and your local Kubota dealer is great and works well with customers, then the Kubota would be a better option-as an example. I bet, though, that the machines you are reviewing are going to come in fairly close in price once you start really dealing, so in the end the dealer will be each machine's top selling point. The other key is to NOT BUY TOO SMALL!! Too many people buy a tractor that is smaller than their needs and are disappointed. My neighbor has a Kubota B series tractor. He complains about it almost every time I see him out on the property. He whines about what it cannot do and won't do. He breaks things on it. The truth is the tractor is a fine machine. He simply underbought. Had he gone to the next size machine he would have been fine, as his property and his work demand a higher horsepower heavier duty machine. I have many times told him to go back and trade up to a larger machine, but he continues to "make due" with a too-small machine for his needs and is not happy. Food for thought.

John M