what can I get

/ what can I get #1  

erikharwell

I was looking at the tractors around 30-35 horse. I think this is a minimum for what I need, and was mainly looking at them due to price. but I have learned from this forum that some of the bigger tractors are less than the smaler ones. I would like to keep it under 4500 pounds for trailering. but what tractors should I look at over 35 horse, weigh under 4500 pounds, and are less than or around 15K, and if a FEL could be had on one for on or around that amount, that would be great. 2 or 4WD would work, my land is flat and dry

/ what can I get #2  
Are you considering used as well?

If you go 2wd with a loader, be sure it at least has power steering.

Soundguy

/ what can I get #3  
erikharwell said:
I was looking at the tractors around 30-35 horse. I think this is a minimum for what I need, and was mainly looking at them due to price. but I have learned from this forum that some of the bigger tractors are less than the smaler ones. I would like to keep it under 4500 pounds for trailering. but what tractors should I look at over 35 horse, weigh under 4500 pounds, and are less than or around 15K, and if a FEL could be had on one for on or around that amount, that would be great. 2 or 4WD would work, my land is flat and dry

If weight is your main concern, look at Kubota tractors in the 30-40 hp range (L3400, L3430, L3830, L4320, L4630). Kubota builds some of the lightest weight CUTS. These tractors weigh 3000-3500 lb without FEL. According to the latest edition of the Tractor Blue Book, the 2005 versions of these Kubotas have average retail prices in the $12-$17K range without FEL. Add about $3500 and 1000 lb for the FEL.

Some people see Kubota's relatively low weight (compared to its competitors) as an advantage (easier to transport, not so destructive on landscaped areas). Some think it's a disadvantage (lighter tractor usually means less traction).

/ what can I get #4  
For 15k you have lots of options open to you. Check ebay as a reference. I did a quick check and turned up more than a few. There are other places like tractorhouse.com you can check.

/ what can I get #5  
flusher said:
If weight is your main concern, look at Kubota tractors in the 30-40 hp range (L3400, L3430, L3830, L4320, L4630). Kubota builds some of the lightest weight CUTS. These tractors weigh 3000-3500 lb without FEL. According to the latest edition of the Tractor Blue Book, the 2005 versions of these Kubotas have average retail prices in the $12-$17K range without FEL. Add about $3500 and 1000 lb for the FEL.

Some people see Kubota's relatively low weight (compared to its competitors) as an advantage (easier to transport, not so destructive on landscaped areas). Some think it's a disadvantage (lighter tractor usually means less traction).
I just bought an L3400 w/ FEL, Backhoe,58" tiller,6'scraper blade,5'bush hog&posthole diggger all new for just over $24k. check out Steve Bartlett Farm eq in Somerset, KY

ps.You can add quite a bit of weight by filling tires w/fluid

/ what can I get #6  
Erik -

Welcome... I think I recognize your name from the NC Deer website? I'm not sure where you are in NC, but try looking at "The Tractor Place" in Knightdale. I bought an L3400dt from them with loader for just over $15,000. It has been a great tractor, plenty of power and sufficient weight. The 34HP handles a tiller and bush hog very well. If I was to do it over again I would probably take a harder look at the HST, and while I think I got about as good a price as possible, I might have shopped Carver's in Dunn as well.

/ what can I get
I was looking at tractors comparable to the JD5103. I have seen prices on here for them for around 13K, and the 990 is only a little bit cheaper, and the 5103 has more HP, and a JD engine. I am going to look at a MF 400 series with around 300 hours with a FEL, in a week or 2. a friend knows a guy that is selling several of them for around 11K. there are too many scams on utility tractors on ebay to waste the time to look.

/ what can I get #8  
Take a look at the Task Master or Dong Feng line if they are available in your area. Good tractors.

Good luck.

/ what can I get #9  
"What do you Need" is a better question... What are your intended uses? Where do you live.... I don't know too many places "Flat and Dry". Why spend 15K if you don't have too. (and maybe you'll need MORE tractor than you think) Just trying to make a more informed statement...

/ what can I get #10  
teg, has a good point.. I've ended up with 2 tractors since my uses span different jobs. I could have just one. Not that I'm going to get rid of the other one :D