Fort Sirio/Ferrari Tractors

/ Fort Sirio/Ferrari Tractors #1  

finntom

I'm continuing my search for a very narrow liquid cooled diesel tractor to get between my 4' center christmas trees, and came across the Fort Sirio tractor that is only 24" wide....does anyone have experience with this tractor or manufacturer? The only thing even close is the Kubota B7510DTN at 35" wide, the price is about the same. Thanks!

/ Fort Sirio/Ferrari Tractors #2  
finntom said:
I'm continuing my search for a very narrow liquid cooled diesel tractor to get between my 4' center christmas trees, and came across the Fort Sirio tractor that is only 24" wide....does anyone have experience with this tractor or manufacturer? The only thing even close is the Kubota B7510DTN at 35" wide, the price is about the same. Thanks!

Is this a 4 wheel tractor or a two wheeler. I know Ferrari makes some 2 wheeler's. Kind of hard to imagine sitting on something only 24" wide.

/ Fort Sirio/Ferrari Tractors
I am trying to contact the representative to get a full description. From the website, it appears that it might get that narrow with a seat. I'll let you know what I find out.

/ Fort Sirio/Ferrari Tractors #4  
Also check out Antonio Carraro if in need of a narrow tractor.

/ Fort Sirio/Ferrari Tractors #5  
If you aren't necessarily committed to conventional machinery, Gravely makes sulky style machines that will do a variety of things other than mow grass. Those are pretty narrow but I can't give you any dimensions.

/ Fort Sirio/Ferrari Tractors #6  
Not sure how much hp you're looking for,but Deutz-Fahr makes an O&V tractor the AgroPlusS that is 42 inches wide

/ Fort Sirio/Ferrari Tractors
Thanks, I actually found my way to that tractor last night, I hope to be able to see one soon. Others of interest are the Fort Sirio 4x4 and the McCormick G30R, all diesel, 4x4 tractors with interesting features beyond those found on the domestics.

/ Fort Sirio/Ferrari Tractors #9  
Rox of Salon De Provence - France shows a Goldini tractor in her signature. She and her husband appear to use it in their olive(?) business. I suspect she can give you some insight.

RavensRoost

/ Fort Sirio/Ferrari Tractors #10  
If your Christmas Trees are on 4' x4' spacing that is VERY tight for christmas Trees! Normal spacing should be 6'x6' Your Best option would be a walk behind tractor from BCS america: Earth Tools - Walk-Behind Tractors - (502) 484-3988 If you are going to Mow that tight I would buy their 48" Sickle Bar Mower and cut it down a little say to 42". Their sickle bar mowers actually have two sicklebars that are stacked on top of each other, with no rock guards. The sicklebars counter rotate. So every rotation makes 4 cuts! They also have a bushhog attachment if you would prefer. They have a sulky that you can ride on but I find you have more control if you just walk. (get your exercise and clean your field up at the same time! The really nice part of these tractors is they have a really narrow wheel base. You can actually go down a row of trees and cut between the trees (or under a fence row) and still walk around the upcoming tree or fence post (with the sicklebar attachment)