Need help on Case IH 255

/ Need help on Case IH 255 #1  

armadillophil

I recently bought 41 acres and am looking for a tractor. I have about 15 acres of pasture that will need mowing and I want to plant a couple of acres in food plots. I have found a 1985 case ih 255 for sale with 600 hours in good cond. I havent been able to find much info or specs on this model. I know it has 21 hp at the pto and I believe tractor is 24 or 25 hp diesel. I this suffiecient for a 5 foot mower and this many acres. Will I have any problems with a 6 foot 2 row disc??? Any info or help is greatly appreciated. I can pick it up with the mower and disc for 4000.00 thanks

/ Need help on Case IH 255 #2  
20+ year old tractor with only 600 hrs? Any pics? Sounds like a deal.

/ Need help on Case IH 255 #3  
armadillophil said:
I recently bought 41 acres and am looking for a tractor. I have about 15 acres of pasture that will need mowing and I want to plant a couple of acres in food plots. I have found a 1985 case ih 255 for sale with 600 hours in good cond. I havent been able to find much info or specs on this model. I know it has 21 hp at the pto and I believe tractor is 24 or 25 hp diesel. I this suffiecient for a 5 foot mower and this many acres. Will I have any problems with a 6 foot 2 row disc??? Any info or help is greatly appreciated. I can pick it up with the mower and disc for 4000.00 thanks
It would be marginal for that much acreage, in my opinion. I would go with 35 PTO HP minimum.

Last edited: