UPDATE on new tractor which broke

/ UPDATE on new tractor which broke #21  
Here's the number to New Holland according to their website....

1-888-290-7377
or
comments@newholland.com

I would go directly to the manufacturer about this situation.

/ UPDATE on new tractor which broke #22  
First, I'm sorry you are getting jerked around...it sucks, and you often feel helpless...but you aren't. There are ways to get what you want. It just may take some time. The squeaky wheel always get's greased...unless the owner is deaf!

The Better Business Bureau (BBB) is a good service. No, they aren't "bought off". I'm sure it does happen, but it's not the norm. Companies enroll into the BBB so they can advertise the fact that they are members, not to keep BBB off their backs.

If you call the BBB, give them the specifics, they WILL get back to you. I won't go into big detail, but I had a problem with my home builder 2.5 years after I was in my home. My roof was leaking from faulty sub-contracting. I called my builder, they said NO, it's not in warranty anymore. I told them the roof was not built according to plan in that spot (valley) and it was going to continue to leak unless re-engineered. "NO", have a good day. I called the BBB, made a complant, and before that day ended, my builder was calling me saying that someone was coming out to fix the problem. They did. End of Story. Is the BBB fullproof? NO. But, it's free and they do contact businesses. Good luck man, keep us posted.

He is correct, the BBB is a good business and has helped me on two occasions. Just make sure you have your facts correct and miss no details. ie... dates, names, comments...
Good luck,
Tony

/ UPDATE on new tractor which broke #23  
Sorry you are having so much trouble. It is unusual for sure. Personally I think the dealer is the one that you need to go after not NH. From NH's point of view you have a tractor that is out of warranty and was being used with an after market backhoe. I am not sure where NH did anything wrong, unless you show the axle and/or housing was defective from the start. Does NH recommend the use of a backhoe on that size tractor?

Now your dealer on the other hand sold you a package that included the backhoe and did the installation plus the first repair. It would seem to me that is where the problem stems from and I will be surprised if you get any satisfaction there with out a lawyer.

MarkV

/ UPDATE on new tractor which broke #24  
There's a 20 month gap between posts 21 and 22... is there still an issue here?