UPDATE on new tractor which broke

/ UPDATE on new tractor which broke #1  

RCL

Hi Everyone,
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...85-bought-new-tractor-broke-disappointed.html

I had bought a brand new New Holland Tractor and 4 attachments. Please see the link above explaining how my new tractor broke.
A lot of you were nice enough to give me some insights. Thank you.

Now I am going to fill in the rest of the gory details that transpired since then. My hope is that maybe someone will see this and not make the same mistakes I did and choose to buy a New Holland.

Klem's tractor in Massachusetts suposedly did the repairs. After fighting with them and by- passing them I got New Holland to reimburse me for some parts.
45 hours later the tractor broke in the exact same way on the same rear wheel. I took my reciept to Klem.s tractor and complained. They wanted me to bring it in and after my complaining they said they might pay for the parts if I paid the labor!!!!! My question among many was why should I pay anything as apparently they either did not fix it right or it has something terribly wrong right from the factory. After 45 minutes of complaining Klem's agreed to approach New Holland about my problem.

I was notified by Klem's that New Holland said they had heard of no problems like mine on any tractors so they would not help me. Klem's then said I could bring it in and they would repair it again and try to give me a break on the parts. I asked why I should pay to repair something which was apparently not fixed the first time. Klem's then told me it was all they could do. I asked if Klem's could give me a phone number and a name of someone in New Holland I could talk to. Klem's response was they cannot give out thier New Holland numbers to the public!!!!!!! Then I asked again for a name of a person. Klem's stated they could not give me the name of the rep as he doesnt talk to the public!!!!!

I could go on ranting and raveing here about the awful way New Holland and Klem's is and has treated me. But in the end I am stuck with a tractor which is flawed, broken and a piss poor dealer and a useless company called New Holland who doesnt deal with the public they intend to sell thier junk too.

Stay warm everyone,
RCL

/ UPDATE on new tractor which broke #2  
I am not a mechanic, however it sounds like the bearings might not be the issue here. My first thought is that there is something else wrong that is causing the bearings to be destroyed.

In either case, I think that the dealership is giving you the short end of the stick.:mad: I would speak to the manager at the dealership and alert him to the fact that you will be reporting this incident to the Better Business Bureau and the Consumer Protection Agency.

Unless you are outwright ABUSING that machine (and even then), those bearings should last a very, very long time. The dealer should know this too.

/ UPDATE on new tractor which broke #3  
The odds of two sets of bearings going bad seem to be pretty slim to me. Is there a third party you can take it to and have them take a look at it? If the bearings weren't put in correctly it should be something they will be able to tell when the disassemble the tractor. I would be there for every step of the disassembly and have a digital camera handy so that I could document any problems they find. If it is something that is the fault of NH or the dealer then you should be able to get at least a portion of your money back, or perhaps all of it.

/ UPDATE on new tractor which broke #4  
I think it's time for someone to get to work on the tractor. I'd lay odds on it that a housing was machined out of alignment. One time, I'll go with the bearings, twice, shame on us let's dig a little deeper. I've thought I've seen the Monday or Friday tractors before but found out they were built in the middle of the week! So the nite's celebration of the win in softball on Tuesday nite or that 300 bowling score on Wednesday nite was a hit at the plant too! It needs to be taken apart very carefully looking for wear patterns and checking aleignment.

/ UPDATE on new tractor which broke #5  
Have you tried the New Holland 1-800 number? It's 1-888-290-7377. Maybe someone there can help you out. Their email is comments@newholland.com

/ UPDATE on new tractor which broke #6  
RCL,

And as I sent that email off to New Holland I would let them know a carbon copy was sent to the Att. General of your state. I would also state that on the phone call if you ever get in contact with someone that might be able to assist you... just my opinion..........Then I'd have a few beers and go to bed depressed.....

/ UPDATE on new tractor which broke
Thanks again everyone. I did not know about the email so I will keep that and the phone #. I never even thought about things like the Better Business Bureau.

I will calm down for a week or so and think before I make my next decisions which reading these messages has and will help me decide what I will do. At least now I have more options than I thought I had.
RCL

/ UPDATE on new tractor which broke #8  
I agree with the others.

Your dealer sounds like he is marginal at best.

CNH may not be at fault directly.. after all. they did help you out on the first repair.

I agree that it sounds like an axle trumped ( or axle ) may be machined wrong for the bearings to fail like that.. twice.

I know you are mad.. -but- To rant and say all NH tractors are bad period.. because you found a defect.. well.. it does't help your case any.. just makes you look like one of those crazy people that most people ignore.

Better would be to stay serious, and firm. and get this problem addressed.. keep moving up the food chain till you find help.

I'm guessing the dealership mechainc should have been able to tell if the trumped or axle was badly damaged or mis-machined.. but if it was a slight defect.. it may not have been 'eyeball' -able. That kicks it over to a manufacturer issue.

I can virtually guarantee you.. that if it is a flawed casting.. and you are out of warranty.. then NH won't do much to help. I found a flaw in the remote valve pack on my NH machine.. I never used the remotes till after my warranty was up... I paid for a replacement valve pack, even though after disassembly it was plain to see it was a casting flaw.. not damage. My dealer did ben over backwards to help me find affordable parts, and cut me a break on service.

If your dealer is willing to 'help' on parts.. or cut you a break.. you may want to consider that.. otherwise you have an expensive yard ornament right now.. best to sink a little more cash into it and have a tractor.. vs a yard ornament. Even with my issue with my current Nh machine.. i would not hesitate to buy another. I've been around ford and NH for a while.. I like their products.

Soundguy

/ UPDATE on new tractor which broke #9  
First , don't bother with BBB. A company could pay a fee to BBB, annually, and all complains are gone w/o any record.
Attorney general is another waste of time. You can complain, but don't expect anything.
You need a good shop and capable mechanic. The dealer you bought it from will not help you. He simply doesn't know what to do with it. And he is not a man enough to admit it. He, just like the NH corporation don't give a **** about your problem. You are on your own. Act accordingly.

Joe
Been there , done that.
/BTW. my 2004 and 2005 Yamaha Grizzly ATVs boil gas in the tank and carburator and have so called vapor lock problem.
Noone/owners/ managed to do anything about it. yamaha motor corporation refuses to recognize this design problem for 5 years.....and then they redesign it for 2007....and as far as I know , there's still a problem with a gas supply line system. THEY DON"T care anymore, they became GLOBAL./.

I used to be a Frigidaire HVAC dealer and frigidaire company did not pay the dealers for warranty work. So, we installed new A/C , / t h e y provided a brand new, but as we found later, faulty product/, freon leaked out within 2 days, , we went back removed A coil from the plenum, did all nec. work, got and installed new unit and compl. the entire installation and new freon and receive $0 from Frigidaire . 9 times in one summer. 9 times!
We dropped them that year became American Standard , excellent.

Point being made.............nobody cares.

/ UPDATE on new tractor which broke #10  
RCL, your situation is very unfortunate. I have a feeling if I ever encounter the same trouble my dealer (and probably AGCO) will react the same way. My dealer was friendly enough at point of sale, but now..., well, I don't buy implements there to say the least. However, I did find a great dealer about 50 miles away. They come highly recommended and I have personally seen their service and repair work done for others. I am also about to purchase a couple of thousand dollars worth of implements from them, even though my dealer is only 12 miles away. Look around, there are SOME good people left. I unluckily seem to have to sort through the bad ones first.

I would remain calm and exhaust all avenues of repair and reimbursement with your dealer or (preferably) a new dealer and NH. After exhausting all options and getting my tractor properly repaired somewhere other than the original dealer, I would write, call, or even face-to-face paint a vivid verbal picture of exactly which orifice NH and the dealer in question could stick their service work, repair and labor costs, and personal relations quality. Then I'd trade the tractor in or sell it outright.