What Kubota compares to the NH TC30?

/ What Kubota compares to the NH TC30? #1  

clovergamecock

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800 4WD FEL
I am still learning the terminology of tractors and still have not figured out how to compare apples to apples and not to oranges. Kubota and NH are both within 20 minutes of me and are full service dealers with good reputations from what I have heard so far. The NH TC30 is my front running selection right now but I am going to look at the Kubota today.

What is a comparable Kubota model to the TC 30 and what are you guys opinions on the 2?

Thanks
Wade

/ What Kubota compares to the NH TC30? #2  
Either a B-3030 or an L3130 Kubota.

/ What Kubota compares to the NH TC30? #3  
Deerlope said:
Either a B-3030 or an L3130 Kubota.

These two tractors are feauture rich that are loaded with all the goodies. They would NOT be the tractors comparable to the TC30.

The Kubota L2800 would be the more comparable tractor to the TC30. If you want to look at a Deere as well, then the 3203 and 790 would be most similar to the TC30.

Hope that helps.

/ What Kubota compares to the NH TC30? #4  
aesanders said:
The Kubota L2800 would be the more comparable tractor to the TC30. If you want to look at a Deere as well, then the 3203 and 790 would be most similar to the TC30.

+1

Be sure to look at an L2800 and JD 790 before you make up your mind (but that's not a knock on the TC30).

For any given size and features, there are often minor differences that make one particular brand better for you, even though other people could reach a different conclusion based on their own uses or preferences.

/ What Kubota compares to the NH TC30? #5  
blackrat said:
What is a comparable Kubota model to the TC 30 and what are you guys opinions on the 2?
The L2800 is slightly lower HP than the TC30.
The L3400 is slightly more HP than the TC30.

Both of the "00" series machines would be reasonably comparable to other basic tractors like the TC30 or Deere 790/990 tractors.

Unless they changed things, the L2800 GEAR is not a tractor that I would ever choose because of its old style transmission/pto type. The L2800 HST is a different configuration as is the L3400 GEAR. There are differences that you cannot SEE or FEEL that should be taken into account.

/ What Kubota compares to the NH TC30? #6  
Hi Blackrat; My opinion only, but features & price being anywhere close to equal, I would much rather have a tractor made in Japan (Kubota) than one made in S. Korea (N. H.) Although most Korean made goods have greatly improved during the past 5 years, there is nothing that matches Japanese manufacturing in terms of fit, quality control, automation, machining tolerances, and visual finish. Everything in the design, layout, & manufacturing process; the robotics, the facilities, the high-tech assembly & paint machines, the total committment to on-time parts supply, the loyalty of the workers (it's part of their culture) etc, THESE GUYS ARE GOOD!!

/ What Kubota compares to the NH TC30? #7  
bill6 said:
I would much rather have a tractor made in Japan (Kubota) than one made in S. Korea (N. H.)
Unless things have changed, the TC30 is made in Japan under contract to NH by Shibura and they have been the contract manufacturer to CNH for many years (at least a couple decades). CNH is a world wide manufacturer and I believe they make more tractors than anyone in the world, but I don't recall them shifting the TC30 production to Korea. I suppose they may have done that recently???

/ What Kubota compares to the NH TC30? #8  
Bob_Skurka said:
Unless things have changed, the TC30 is made in Japan under contract to NH by Shibura and they have been the contract manufacturer to CNH for many years (at least a couple decades). CNH is a world wide manufacturer and I believe they make more tractors than anyone in the world, but I don't recall them shifting the TC30 production to Korea. I suppose they may have done that recently???

you are correct. TC 30 is a Shibaura and 100% Japanese manufactured same as many other Ford Utility 1000 series utility tractor. Considering hp,weight and 3 point lift capacity TC-30 exceeds Deer 790 and I think it's more of tractor. HST transmission option for 790 is not available but TC-30 has that. TC-30 and Deer 790 are both great tractors but I lean more toward TC-30 if my choices are between Yanmar (JD 790) and shibaura (Tc-30).

/ What Kubota compares to the NH TC30? #9  
Bob_Skurka said:
Unless they changed things, the L2800 GEAR is not a tractor that I would ever choose because of its old style transmission/pto type. The L2800 HST is a different configuration as is the L3400 GEAR. There are differences that you cannot SEE or FEEL that should be taken into account.

Might be helpful to explain this. If memory serves the L2800 GEAR has a transmission-driven PTO while HST and all L3400 models have a "live" PTO. The difference is that with transmission-driven PTO, you only get PTO power when you are in gear and moving. With live PTO, you get PTO power any time engine is running, even if you aren't in gear or aren't moving (many models let you connect or disconnect the PTO - this lever can usually be moved only when stopped).

/ What Kubota compares to the NH TC30? #10  
Z-Michigan said:
Might be helpful to explain this. If memory serves the L2800 GEAR has a transmission-driven PTO while HST and all L3400 models have a "live" PTO. The difference is that with transmission-driven PTO, you only get PTO power when you are in gear and moving. With live PTO, you get PTO power any time engine is running, even if you aren't in gear or aren't moving (many models let you connect or disconnect the PTO - this lever can usually be moved only when stopped).

Corret with one exception. You can have PTO operation with transmission driven pto when You have gear shifter in neutral, clutch and engage the pto shifter and then let go of the clutch and PTO will trun with the tractor not in motion. Layshaft in transmission continues to turn with the clutch engaged weather in neutral or gear. PTO shaft is fed from the layshaft. Even with the old Ford 8N you can have PTO operation with the gears in neutral and tractor stationary and engine runing . When you depress the clutch all the way in either transmission driven, live (dual clutch) or independen (dedicated PTO clutch hydraulic or otherwise) is when you isolate the engine rotation with the rest of drive system.