small welder and pressure washers

/ small welder and pressure washers #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
I was at walmart today and went to buy a pack of welding rod, and noticed my local store no longer has the little campbel hausfield 70a stick or flux welders. Is this just my store/ or have they stopped carrying them?

I'm actually thinking of getting one o fthe little flux jobs .

Also.. i notice that walmart now has a small 2000psi brigs powerd pres washer for 199$.. not a bad deal!

Soundguy

/ small welder and pressure washers #2  
Soundguy said:
I was at walmart today and went to buy a pack of welding rod, and noticed my local store no longer has the little campbel hausfield 70a stick or flux welders. Is this just my store/ or have they stopped carrying them?

Also.. i notice that walmart now has a small 2000psi brigs powerd pres washer for 199$.. not a bad deal!

Soundguy

My local store has the welder, but no pressure washer. The price is a great deal....

/ small welder and pressure washers #3  
Soundguy said:

Soundguy

That sounds like the little pressure washer I bought at Walmart last summer. It does a pretty good job washing down the ATVs, house and cars. The pressure isn't so great I have to worry much about peeling paint with it.

/ small welder and pressure washers #4  
My little 90A HF wire welder is still working great ... they have them all day every day as far as I know. Though, I know it's not fashionable to own one.

/ small welder and pressure washers #5  
Wow! Just got an email coupon for the HF welder ... $89.99 this week. Great price for all the use (torture) I've extracted from it :)

/ small welder and pressure washers
Keith_B said:
That sounds like the little pressure washer I bought at Walmart last summer. It does a pretty good job washing down the ATVs, house and cars. The pressure isn't so great I have to worry much about peeling paint with it.

Hmm.. I've got a karcher 1750 psi electric unit.. and I have no problem stripping paint with it if I get the nozzle too close..

Soundguy

/ small welder and pressure washers #7  
Soundguy said:
Hmm.. I've got a karcher 1750 psi electric unit.. and I have no problem stripping paint with it if I get the nozzle too close..

Soundguy

Mine will strip paint if you get the wand to close to what you are pressurewashing, when I first got it I inadvertently etched the 4X4 PT post on my porch. When you maintain a good operating distance and have the wand adjusted right those accidents don't happen as often. I've used some industrial models that would strip paint off a car at quite a distance, this one doesn't have this problem.

I thought about getting one of the Karcher units, and almost bought one before Walmart started carrying this model. The gas engine makes it bery handy to wash down the vinyl siding on our house, as I don't need a long extension cord. The water hoses are enough stuff to have to keep feeding as I work my way around.

/ small welder and pressure washers
I agree. I think that even though i have a 1yr old karcher 1750 psi unit.. I may still get the 2000 psi gas powered unit.. just because.

Soundguy

/ small welder and pressure washers #9  
Soundguy said:
I agree. I think that even though i have a 1yr old karcher 1750 psi unit.. I may still get the 2000 psi gas powered unit.. just because.

Soundguy

The only complaint I have with it is the size of the tank requires frequent refills when you are doing a big job.