Thanks Everybody

/ Thanks Everybody #1  

EdC

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 2320
Just wanted to say thanks. For the past couple of months I've been lurking on the JD, Kubota, New Holland threads trying to figure out what I wanted by listening to the people who use a tractor pretty often. They are all good tractors but I ended up going with a JD 2320 with a 53 inch FEL and a scraper blade. Anywho, just wanted to say thanks and I'll be looking for tips on owning operating from now on.

Ed

/ Thanks Everybody #2  
Welcome to Tractorbynet, Ed. We're glad to have you join us. You can certainly ask all the questions you want, and before long you'll be answering questions for other folks.;)

/ Thanks Everybody #3  
CONGRATS, EdC!!! Good luck with your new tractor!!!

/ Thanks Everybody
I broke it in pretty good. The first day I had it I managed to bury it in about 20 inches of mud. The R4s clogged up big time just like a lot of people here have mentioned. I still went with the R4s because there is also a lot of lava and basalt on my place and that just shreads the ag tires (R3s?).

/ Thanks Everybody #5  
Congrats, I have really enjoyed my 2320.

/ Thanks Everybody #6  
EdC said:
I broke it in pretty good. The first day I had it I managed to bury it in about 20 inches of mud. The R4s clogged up big time just like a lot of people here have mentioned. I still went with the R4s because there is also a lot of lava and basalt on my place and that just shreads the ag tires (R3s?).

Your only choices were R4 (Industrial) and R3 (Turf) - R1's (Ag / Bar) are not available on the 2x20 Series... You made the right choice as the R3's would be ripped to shreds in no time on the lava / basalt. Have fun finding all the new things you can do with your toy, er, work machine...

/ Thanks Everybody #7  
you know........ it's absolutely necessary for all new members to post pictures of their stuck machine. there is nothing we love more than to see pics of someone else's tractor stuck, especially when it's brand new!

/ Thanks Everybody #8  
EdC:

Welcome to TBN :D! Getting stuck comes with using your tractor :eek:. How did you get "unstuck"?

/ Thanks Everybody
Took some 2 x 8s and put them under the tires after I dug out behind the tires and lifted up the tractor with the FEL on one end and a HighLift on the other (one end at a time). Then, and this is the embarrassing part, I engaged the front wheels and backed out. Took about an hour or so. I probably still would have gotten stuck with the front wheels engaged at the start; it was really soupy.

Ed

/ Thanks Everybody #10  
Congrats Ed. I know what it feels like to break in a new tractor by getting stuck. I did the same thing with mine. However Dirtworksequip says he will have a cure for that, maybe we add that as an attachment some day?

enjoy!

Jim